2445 Port Neal Industrial Rd
Job Function: Engineering
Job Number: 387588
Johnson Service Group (JSG) is a nationally recognized Contract Engineering and Technical Staffing firm specializing in Engineering and Manufacturing. We are currently recruiting for a Process Engineer. The primary location for this position will be our Sioux City, IA location. However, the qualified candidate must be willing to rotate and learn the various production processes on a local (and potentially global) level. The position will report to the respective plant Production Manager to where they are assigned. In support of the plant processes this position is responsible for assisting with reporting operational parameters to the management team, auditing process, parameters, equipment operation and operational procedures against Standard Operating Procedures, compiling and analyzing process information, determining cause and effects of deviations and provide feedback to management team for corrective actions. In addition, this position serves as a technical resource for manufacturing in finding solutions to process problems and in recommending process modifications to reach quality targets.
Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- The preferred candidate will have a B.S. degree in Engineering (preferably Chemical).
- Experience in a batch and/or continuous process food or chemical production environment is preferred.
- Advanced computer skills and a sound understanding of statistics and statistics software for data processing is essential.
- A practical technical comprehension, with the capability for "hands-on" work is important. A willingness to rotate through the various plant production processes, excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills are required.
- In addition, the ideal candidate must be dynamic, assertive, a self-starter and be an effective problem solver.