Job Function: Purchasing/Procurement
Job Number: 396036
Experienced Procurement professional, responsible for leading procurement sourcing projects and negotiations in one or more specific categories. Delivers results through personal contribution, team leadership and cross-organizational influence. Expected to deliver value through the implementation of effective negotiation strategies that reduce both organizational costs and risks while improving vendor performing and encouraging innovation from the supply base.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 7+ years of negotiation experience in one or more specific areas of the business
- Demonstrated experience leading and delivering value through effective negotiations
- Demonstrated experience leading and/or influencing teams
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communicator across various levels within the organization
- Extensive knowledge in contract development, including key contracting principles, standard terms, laws/regulations and industry standards
- Builder of strong internal and external relationships across multiple business units
- Ability to lead geographically dispersed cross-functional teams to achieve company goals
- Creative and innovative in finding solutions and negotiating strategies
- Financial acumen to lead the development and create complex financial models, including Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and should cost models
- Highly motivated performer, with a demonstrated ability to influence and lead others while also working independently in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to successfully prioritize and solve for complex problems, factoring instances of ambiguity and unexpected change
- Lead with integrity and able to propel a team toward the completion of goals within both a traditional and matrix environment
- Proficiency with procurement toolsets, including eSourcing, spend cube, project / savings trackers
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills preferred
- Manage assigned category specialty
- Lead cross-functional teams through a disciplined sourcing and project management process to support procurement, operations and key business objectives.
- Identify and implement best in class sourcing strategy and practices which support continuity of supply, quality, cost and business requirements.
- Directs and conducts market analysis for all historical and potential future category purchases. Assesses the ability of the category strategy to satisfy the volume, quality, performance and total delivered cost requirements.
- Apply sourcing methodologies to develop negotiating strategies that enable effective negotiations, vendor management and process improvement.
- Analyze pricing, vendor stability, and proposals to ensure a fair, ethical and level playing field.
- Manage and optimize supplier performance including contract compliance, continuous improvement, innovations, and reduction in total cost of ownership.
- Collaborate with stakeholders at all levels to negotiate key contracts, consult on indirect spend strategy and resolve issues and mitigate risk.
- Ensure all spend in commodity area is under Procurement management.
- Maintain knowledge of current business unit trends, vendor capabilities and changes within the industry landscape for traditional and emerging solutions.
Physical Requirements & Attendance
- Acceptable level of hearing and vision to perform job duties
- Adhere to company work hours, policies, procedures and rules governing professional staff behavior
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.