28150 Industry Drive
Job Number: 398400
Johnson Service Group (JSG) is a nationally recognized professional staffing and recruiting firm that is currently looking for a Product Pricing Specialist Engineer with 5 years’ experience. This is a Direct job opportunity with an Aircraft company in Valencia, CA.
The Product Proposal and Pricing Specialist is responsible for establishing profitable pricing for all products. This includes legacy products, standard price list products, Long Term Agreement (LTA) contracted products, and pricing for new product development. This position is responsible for evaluating incoming proposal packages and arranging or leading bid no-bid and proposal kick off meetings to communicate deliverables and timeline for completions. The position act as liaison and coordinate among the Sales, Engineering, Program Management, Finance, Focus Factory, and other Operations groups to gather cost and other deliverables with legacy products and new product development programs. The Pricing Analyst is responsible to ensure all technical requirements and deliverables of the product and/or new product development project are accounted for and priced properly for profitable sales and to support sales growth. In addition, this position is responsible for identifying low profit products and providing date for evaluation of the business.
- Ensure accurate and appropriate preparation and submission of bids and contract proposals that often are very complex. They will compile technical, financial and other project data using different tools and programs for inclusion in reports or presentation materials.
- Develop written proposals for new custom product solutions for customer review and prepares quote for legacy products
- Understands and utilizes program cost (labor and material) for both non-recurring development activities and recurring (per unit) pricing and Margin and ROI analysis
- Coordinate cost quoting among various disciplines including Design Engineering, Purchasing, Planning, Compliance, Quality, Test Lab, Machine Shop, Shipping, etc. to ensure all deliverables associated with the product or new product development project are properly accounted for and priced accordingly.
- Ability to work on multiple pricing projects for highly diversified Fluid and Motion Control (FMC) and Environmental Control System (ECS) products lines and provide timely response to Sales when providing product pricing.
- Requires technical understanding of FMC and ECS products, ability to understand engineering documentation and component requirements. Candidate will develop understanding of how these factors impact cost and pricing.
- Develop an understanding of the varied Aerospace markets and the value products bring to these markets in order to maximize Sales growth and optimize profits.
- Prepare pricing for new product development proposals including NRE charges, Prototype, LRIP, and production pricing, ATP tooling and test charges, qualification tooling and test charges, and production tooling.
- Will be a team member for TINA (Truth In Negotiations Act) analysis preparation and proposals.
- Develop a working knowledge of DFAR (DoD Federal Acquisition Regulation) Preference for Domestic Specialty Metals and ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations) requirements.
- Update and maintain standard product price lists, work with Sales to update customer LTA and Contract pricing and recognize when production volumes are dropping due to obsolescence or new technology. Will work with Sales to develop and implement counter measure plans.
- Work with Contracts team to organize and requote yearly LTA contracts that have an escalation formula applied.
- Understand factors contributing to financial performance of product profitability including:
- Costing and Purchasing practices
- Sell price determination and quoting
- Burden rates, Labor rates and their effects on profitability
- Identify products with poor profit margins, assemble cross functional groups to identify potential cost reduction initiatives and lead team to reduce costs and improve profit margins.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, or Accounting from a four-year college or university; 5 years minimum professional experience.
- Experience writing reports and plans that conform to a prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers.
- Ability to understand engineering drawings and technical specifications, financial reports and legal documents is a plus.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical requirements and relate them to actual cost and pricing requirements.
- strong communication skills and strong business sense.
- Experience using Word, Good Excel Knowledge (including pivot tables), PowerPoint, effectively utilize CRM and ERP Systems, such as Oracle, BPCS.
- The employee must occasionally lift or move up to up to 25 pounds.
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.