501 Del Norte Blvd
Job Number: 399632
Johnson Service Group (JSG) is a nationally recognized professional staffing and recruiting firm that is currently looking for a Production Planner who has worked in an Aerospace environment and has 5 years’ experience. This is a Direct hire opportunity with an Aerospace company in Oxnard, CA.
Shift Mon-Thurs 10 hours a day
Responsible for planning production components and assemblies and may also include the planning and purchasing of raw materials and outside processing and development and maintenance of bills of material.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Keeps an open line of communication with the Planning group, Leads, Production Managers, and Master Scheduler.
- Works to resolve problems pertaining to scheduling discrepancies and takes corrective action.
- Analyzes production specifications and plant capacity data and performs mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, tools, and human resource requirements.
- Plans and schedules workflow for each department and operation according to previously established manufacturing sequences and lead times.
- Plans sequence of fabrication, assembly, installation, and other manufacturing operations for guidance of production workers.
- Confers with department supervisors to determine status of assigned projects.
- Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Prepares production reports.
- Prepares lists of required materials, tools, and equipment.
- Prepares requisitions to obtain materials, tools, and equipment.
- Develops manufacturing Bills of Material working from blueprints.
- Maintains proper records for all changes to Bills of Material.
- Receives and takes appropriate action on Engineering changes and other requests related to BOM's.
- Maintain optimal inventory levels through the active use of MRP and the maintenance of all required parameters including assembly lead times, days’ supply, EOQ, for all assemblies.
- Participates in problem resolution activities, when required, to insure timely deliveries to our customers.
- Reconciles problems by identifying work error messages, expediting material shortages, and coordinating with other planners, Master Planners, and Purchasing
- Ensure on-time delivery by keeping track of each customer order from the time it is committed until the time it is shipped.
- Upgrade MRP reporting, creating system to track comprehensive information about FSD units and work in progress (WIP).
- Assist with facility ERP system implementation.
- Maintains and reports on Key Performance Indicators on Planning adherence, WIP monitoring, Work Center Utilization, planning backlog, master data accuracy (planning related), customer backorder and lead time and schedule attainment
- Active support of R&D and new product activities
- Ensures that all material, schedule and capacity issues are promptly brought to the attention of the Master Scheduler and senior managers as required
- Works closely with the Master Scheduler, Supervisors, Purchasing, Quality, Manufacturing Departments, coordinating and ensuring that schedules and material related issues are maintained and products are completed and shipped in a timely manner
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university; or four to five years related experience and/or training in aerospace manufacturing; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Oracle Manufacturing software; Excel spreadsheet software and MS Word software.
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.