Job Function: Engineering - Civil
Job Number: 397871
Johnson Service Group (JSG), a nationally recognized professional recruiting firm is seeking a Project Construction & Commissioning Manager for our global manufacturing client. This role is responsible for managing construction and commissioning activities relevant to the project.
Location: Remote with 20-25% travel to the site (U.S. based) | Working on a minimum of 2 projects simultaneously.
- Create initial plan for storage location and preservation as well as initial maintenance plan and the handling of spare parts
- Identify and review scope, budget, risk and opportunities of the contract
- Organize, drive and participate in the review and approval of the constructability strategy in collaboration with the Site Manager
- Drive the site activities' startup and preparation process, ensuring that a site execution plan is in place, including but not limited to the site procurement strategy and process, site mobilization process and site financial management.
- Understanding of applicable laws and regulations for a site, including but not limited to, labor laws and working hours, permits and licenses, mobilization strategy, specific HSE trainings and project specific certifications for resources and related.
- Initially prepare and arrange to take possession of the site.
- Develop and plan temporary and permanent site infrastructure together with the Site Manager.
- Represent the site team in actions related to the home office.
- Monitor and report regularly on the overall construction execution, cost and man loading forecast and planning.
- Develop and implement mitigation plans in conjunction with the Site Manager and Construction department heads.
- Participate in monthly project review and present status, development and progress of the project to Management team.
- Indicate jeopardy for budget and time schedule adherence and work out corrective actions with Supervisors and Site Manager.
- Coordinate subcontracts with Subcontracting Site Manager.
- Allocate, manage and coordinate Non-Budgeted Costs (NBC) for proper cost reporting.
- Guarantee that all Construction related tasks and their conditions are executed according to contract requirements.
- Report any discrepancies on site. Coordinate Construction disciplines for a proper accomplishment of project scope.
- Provide structured feedback and drive constructability with experiences and lessons learned during execution phase and closure of the site
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, technical or managerial field.
- Experience in HVDC, Energy, or Power Plant EPC Business, in addition to experience working on construction sites.
- Project and Finance Management.
- Leadership - needs to be a driver!
- Must show excellent capabilities in the explanation of complex technical issues and working processes.
- Communication - strong ability to communicate verbal and in written English with a second language preferred.
- Time management.
- Ability to see "Big picture" as well as a "Detailed picture"
- Quality assurance
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.