Job Function: Project Management
Job Number: 398672
One of our highly valued clients are seeking to add a Senior Project Controls Coordinator to become an asset to their Major Projects team! This is a long-term contract with the possibility of extension, located in Edmonton, AB, working Monday - Friday 40/hrs. per week.
If you or anyone you may know has further interest in this exciting opportunity please don't hesitate to apply, our JSG team looks forward to reviewing your resume and chatting further with the finer details!
Job Functions Include:
- Analyze and maintain the project contract(s) forecast and control budget at the WBS level with primary responsibility for field-level controls.
- Ensure contract Controls requirements are received timely and reviewed for accuracy.
- LEMS entry, analysis, and reconciliation.
- Vendor invoice reconciliation to LEM’s as assigned.
- Provide the project team with accurate and timely field cost information and reporting.
- Collecting information for project cost estimates, establishing control budgets, on-going monitoring and control of incurred project costs, cost forecasting, cost variance analysis and cost reporting to various stakeholders
- Liaise with other field stakeholders to ensure engagement with the progress, changes, highlights, and issues.
- Communicate with central controls team for the project.
- Perform earned value measurements for the managed contracts per the PMO standards.
- Participate in update meetings in the field related to cost, schedule, and progress.
- Review contractor provided and P6 Master Schedules to ensure they are representative of the completed and planned work plans.
- Under the guidance of the Supervisor Project Controls, the incumbent will analyze and maintain cost related activities described under the Specific Accountabilities using the Project Controls Management System.
- This role is guided by standardized practices, existing processes, and general work assignment.
- Decision making follows established, written guidelines and/or the incumbent has immediate access to guidance or supervision by more senior Financial Controls professionals, including the Supervisor Project Controls.
Job Working Conditions:
Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Home office work at desk.
- Use of computer and phone and personal interaction in a busy environment.
- Position work week is planned as 5 days per week, Monday to Friday.
- Occasional travel to field worksite locations / Overnight business or construction field trips may be required - May require Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Walk jobsite utilizing required PPE.
- Exposure to noise, moving equipment and uneven surfaces.
- University degree or related construction or operational training and/or experience.
- Proficient in the use of PCMS systems and MS office suite, to include proficiency in Excel.
- Ability to read and interpret work schedules.
- Demonstrated professional engagement at a high level with work group, stakeholders, and contractors in a team setting.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Detail oriented and understands the importance of data reconciliation.
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize workload, bring issues forward and develop working relationships at all levels of the organization.