501 Del Norte Blvd
Job Function: Engineering
Job Number: 398403
Johnson Service Group (JSG) is a nationally recognized professional staffing and recruiting firm that is currently looking for a Project Engineer with 5 years’ experience. This is a Direct job opportunity with an Aircraft company in Valencia, CA.
Directs, coordinates, and exercises functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of engineering projects within the area of assigned responsibility by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate design engineers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reviews and analyzes customer specifications for design and qualification of hydraulic components and filter elements and modules for Aerospace
- Coordinates engineering programs and prepares technical proposals, schedules and estimates Coordinates all related activities from conceptual design through the first phase of manufacturing. Responds to customers' technical inquiries.
- Prepares and presents technical
- Plans and formulates engineering programs and organizes project staff according to project requirements. Reviews product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, and customer
- Contract requirements, and related
- Coordinates activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test
- Directs integration of technical activities and
- Evaluates and approve design changes, specifications, and drawing releases. Controls expenditures within the limitations of the project budget.
- Prepares interim and completion project reports and maintains a log of all projects assigned.
- Also performs duties as a Design Engineer including;
- Develops weight, stress, and performance analysis and comparison analysis of existing and new products
- Interfaces with Designers and Test Technicians, Production personnel, Suppliers, Marketing and Sales personnel, or others on engineering issues.
- Participates in analyzing failed parts and makes recommendations and plans of
- Prepares layout of new or old designs as needed and makes drawings of detailed parts and Performs other related duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in Mechanical Engineering from a four-year college or university; and five to seven years of experience in Aerospace design and manufacturing environments. Three to five years of design experience in hydraulic components for aircraft. A Master's Degree (M.S.M.E.) may be substituted for three years of work experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of an organization.
Ability to comprehend and apply principles of advanced calculus, modem algebra, and advanced statistical theory. Ability to work with concepts such as limits, rings, quadratic and differential equations, and proofs of theorems.
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.