Our client provides innovative solutions for our clients to meet the demand for major new transportation programs due to aging infrastructure and continuing urbanization. Our leadership and extensive experience in design-build execution provides high-value solutions for bridges, highways, rail and transit systems, and toll roads.
The purpose of this position is to plan and perform work requiring sound technical judgment in the evaluation, organization, and execution of project management assignments worldwide. This role has the responsibility to perform the essential job duties and functions as listed below with the overall objective of managing and/or coordinating project activities that are in compliance with the contract and ensure the safety, quality, value, timeliness, and the client’s profitability of the completed project. Performing assigned general duties of limited scope and level of responsibility, this position is designed to develop broader project management knowledge and experience. At this level, the role may have the responsibility as the only project engineer on a medium size project with full accountability for the general duties, or the responsibility for general duties on a larger or more complex segment of a very large project.
• Perform basic project engineering functions involving monitoring of progress, preparation of procedures, documentation of communications and meetings, and identification/evaluation of project issues and problems
• Coordinate efforts of technical disciplines, vendors and licensors to ensure integrated and complete designs that meet project requirements and contractual obligations
• Review project staffing requirements and coordinate staffing with supporting functional organization managers and/or subcontractors
• Support creation and coordination of overall project plans and schedules, and monitoring activities, progress, and milestones against the plans
• Support creation and coordination of project effort hours, and cost estimates and budgets, and monitor progress and cost performance against these
• Support the preparation, delivery and coordination of project deliverables, design documents, and bid packages
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelors degree or global equivalent in engineering field of study
• 3-15 years of work-related experience
• Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors
• Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
• Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
• Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
• Make use of Fluor University courses for continued learning experiences
• Utilize knowledge management communities to capture, support and leverage relevant knowledge to enhance project execution
• Participate in vendor trade shows and become familiar with new technologies and industry business direction
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.