Job Function: Project Management
Job Number: 398346
Johnson Service Group, a nationally recognized recruiting firm, is targeting a Project Manager for our industrial manufacturing client in South Boston, VA. The incumbent would be responsible for executing medium sized projects with a specific focus on quality standards, health, safety, and financial targets for scheduled commitments.
*The position can serve in a Hybrid/Remote capacity; MUST reside within commuting distance to South Boston, VA!
- Responsible for on-site project planning, coordinating between customers and external resources as well as project financial targets.
- Serves as the customer point of contact, from receiving the assigned site area, through project management and final hand over to the customer upon final completion.
- May include acting as the site manager during project execution phases.
- Act as the project representative, building and maintaining effective relationships with customers and suppliers to ensure their support.
- Ensures the project consistently applies contract and claims management in accordance with policies and contractual agreements.
- Coordinates with Supply Chain and successfully procures required services, material and equipment for the project.
- Maintain high quality standards, schedule, safety requirements and project coordination.
- Ensure correct handling, storage, and installation of deliverables, coordinating with onsite storage, shipping logistical teams and sub-contractors.
- Control site cost management, monitoring actuals, spend forecasts, and estimations, while managing petty cash and purchasing onsite.
- Professionally manage all documentation, modifying and updating as needed while factoring in revisions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business or related field.
- Five (5) years’ experience within project management.
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.