1101 Market Street
Job Function: Project Management
Job Number: 398750
Johnson Service Group (JSG) is a leader in the staffing and consulting services industry, and we are seeking a Project Manager for a 12-month contract assignment supporting the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) in Chattanooga, TN.
W2 Hourly Pay Rate: $45.38 to $62.40/hr. (according to experience)
- Maintain responsibility for the overall planning, direction, management, coordination, implementation, execution, control, and completion of specific projects according to specifications, within budget, from initiation through completion.
- Lead Joint Project Team(s) (JPT)
- Apply professional principles, practices, and techniques to manage and control project schedule, cost, and performance risk to ensure project is completed within a certain set of restraints (e.g., time, budget, people, quality, materials) and at a high level of quality.
- Generally assigned medium-sized projects or functions within a larger project
- Work is primarily achieved by an individual or through project teams.
- Act as the single point of contact regarding a specific project
- Serve in a leadership role in managing assigned project(s) to ensure safety, environmental, quality, budget, and schedule goals are met.
- Interface with project stakeholders by applying project management professional principles, practices, and techniques to ensure project goals are achieved.
- Achieve successful project outcomes through collaboration, negotiation, and influencing of assigned project team(s), as well as internal and external stakeholders, over whom the Senior Project Manager may have no formal authority.
Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in engineering, business management, or technical field; OR in lieu of a degree, equivalent education, training, and/or related work experience (master’s degree is preferred but not required)
- Project Management Institute (PMI) certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP) or earn certification within one year of appointment to the position.
- Demonstrated desire to excel in professional field of study as demonstrated by certification/license in professional field of study preferred but not required, e.g., PE, CPA, CFA, etc.
- Minimum of 10 years of utility project management experience, or equivalent functional area work experience including a minimum of 3 years of increased responsibilities leading project teams.
- Specialized, in-depth knowledge of project management techniques
- Demonstrated experience in resolving in-depth problems, and practical experience in project planning, scoping and cost estimating.
- Experience in new nuclear power plant design, construction, and/or licensing is desirable.
- Experience with greenfield construction planning and implementation is highly desirable.
- Due to the requirements of federal government contracts, candidate must possess the right to work and remain in the United States without sponsorship.