Job Function: Engineering
Job Number: 399138
Johnson Service Group (JSG) is currently looking for a Project Engineer with construction experience in a Chemical/Oil Plant. This is a contract opportunity with a leading Chemical Manufacturer located in Gregory TX. This is 100% onsite.
Pay around $80.00/hour
The Project Engineer will be managing capital cost projects in the $5 to $10M cost range. Experience in Chemical/Oil & Gas industry construction expansion projects preferred.
- Leads the development of the roles and responsibilities definitions for the project and ensure each functional team member understands their role and deliverables.
- Manages overall project expenditures and schedule to meet business expectations.
- Clearly sets overall Project Team direction and expectations
- Is accountable for total project cost and investment.
- Provides primary interface between the Project Team and the Business Unit Steering Team.
- Drives capital project work processes and practices as described in the company’s procedures
- Ensures basic data is timely and complete prior to initiating detailed design.
- Leads all gatekeeping reviews and ensures all Front-end (FEL) deliverables are met.
- Ensures commissioning and turnover plans are prepared.
- Ensures operations and maintenance procedures are prepared.
- Collaborate with Construction Leaders, to facilitate the overall process and address design issues that impede construction performance.
- BS degree or higher in an engineering discipline.
- Experience working on-site in an industrial setting.
- Experience working in the chemicals industry
- Experience working in a Phase-Gate Project System
Johnson Service Group, Inc. (JSG) is a North American leader in the staffing and consulting services industry, with over 35 years of experience investing in people and companies.
Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.