5700 Almaden Expressway
Job Function: Training
Job Number: 399608
Johnson Service Group is looking for a Public Training Assistant for one of our Client’s in San Jose. This person would assist in the creating, organizing, and presenting educational material on Water Conservation to students.
- Deliver educational programs in classes and tours at outdoor classroom.
- Support Education Outreach Coordinator and other Trainers with materials preparation for school presentations, field trips and tours
- Support Trainers with scheduling of school presentations, field trips & tours
- Support Education Outreach student interns
- Coordinate organization and maintenance of teaching materials.
- Support outreach to new audiences
- Support teacher training workshops
- Support creation of educational curriculum, articles, publications, and newsletters
- Work on program outreach and marketing materials, blogs and social media as assigned.
- Assist with data entry and record keeping as needed.
- Drive to schools throughout Santa Clara County
- Other duties as assigned.
Rate starting at $40/hr DOE
- Knowledge and experience presenting in-person programs at schools, outdoor classrooms, camps, and libraries throughout the county.
- Ability to create effective interactive virtual versions of our classroom programs.
- Strong presentation, communication and organizational skills, experience creating curriculum, working with youth and would be an asset to the team.
- Ability to present in both our virtual and in-person programs.
- Ability to learn various EO programs and eventually train and support new members of the EO team in in-person presenting.
- Experience working in professional environmental education, community outreach and/or communications experience.
- Experience working with youth K-12 grade highly desired, including working with school staff such as teachers, educators, school administrators, etc.
- Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in communications, journalism, public relations, graphic design, education, or a related field.
- One (1) year of experience in public relations, public information, community relations, graphic design, education, or outreach activities.
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.