575 Cottonwood Drive
Job Function: Purchasing/Procurement
Job Number: 399078
Johnson Service Group is looking for a Purchasing Manager for one of our Clients in Milpitas. This person would be responsible for directing the activities of buyers and support personnel to accomplish deals with vendors for the purchase of all materials, supplies, equipment, and services used by the facility of the company.
- Develop and implement purchasing strategies, procedures to accomplish procurement of a variety of materials in a cost effective manner.
- Managing daily purchasing activities, supervising buyers and allocating tasks.
- Ensures quality of procured items and addresses problems when they arise.
- Ensure buyers place all purchase orders on time per MRP requirement.
- Ensure buyers execute open orders on weekly basis, push out, pull in and cancel on time per MRP message.
- Ensure buyers update shortage reports, attend CFT meetings, Clear MRB’s and receiving discrepancies on time.
- Monitor buyer activities, Create and Monitor purchasing metrics and KPI’s.
- Ensure buyers follow process such as Excess process, PPV process, ECO process etc.
- Ensuring that all procured items meet the required quality standards and specifications.
- Return excess materials back to vendors on time prior vendor warranty / return period’s.
- Managing supplier relations and negotiating contracts, prices, timelines.
- Coordinate with warehouse to determine and manage inventory needs.
- Work to improve purchasing systems and processes.
- Training new employees in the purchasing process and how to use the purchasing system.
- Assesses market conditions which may affect procurement.
- Reduce in-house inventory, Setup VMI, Kanban Systems.
- Negotiates best possible price and credit terms possible for goods and services.
- Develops new supply sources when vendors are adequate or when customers provide suggestion of what vendors they would like to work with when building their products.
- Verifies purchase requisitions for appropriate approvals, account, and cost center numbers.
- Working closely with the receiving department for timely deliveries.
- Tracks delinquent arrivals from purchase orders, Clear discrepancies, MRB, Invoice issues.
- Collaborates with other departments and leadership to identify and develop needs and requirements for equipment, materials, products, and acceptable substitutions.
- Assesses current material availability; reasonably predicts future availability based on the market, delivery systems, and other variables.
- Acts as the company’s representative in negotiations with suppliers.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking.
- Assess, manage and mitigate risks.
- Monitors performance and capabilities of vendors to ensure maintenance of delivery, quality and price commitments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven negotiation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong Decision making skills, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills with the ability to effectively train others.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Understanding of business and management principles.
- Five (5) years’ experience as a Senior Buyer or Purchasing Manager in a NPI contract manufacturing environment consisting of PCBA and Mechanical assemblies.
- Must have at least five (5) years of experience in Purchasing, Warehouse and Logistics in an EMS (Electronics Manufacturing Services) Environment.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related area or equivalent experience.
Salary starting at $80k DOE
- Proficient with PC-based software including SAP and Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, Access, and Excel.
- Effective organizational skills required; detail oriented; ability to multitask.
- Demonstrated effective leadership abilities required.
- Ability to apply basic concepts of arithmetic.
- Ability to use common sense to solve practical problems.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Manages conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment, as well as partners with business executives and operations leaders in order to develop appropriate solutions.
- Must be self-directed, dependable, and motivated with excellent relationship and time management skills.
- Available to work the days and hours necessary to perform all assigned responsibilities and tasks. Must be available (especially during regular business hours or shifts) to communicate with subordinates, supervisors, customers, vendors, and any other person or organization with whom interaction is required to accomplish work and goals, this may include odd hour teleconferences with global facilities.
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.