575 Cottonwood Drive
Job Function: Manufacturing
Job Number: 398493
Johnson Service Group is looking for a QC Inspector for one of our Contract Manufacturing Clients in the Bay Area. Looking for both InProcess and Final Inspectors. There is 1 Day shift and 1 Swing Shift. The QA Inspector is responsible for verifying compliance of in-process and or finished assemblies with drawing requirements based on customer and industry standards. Will be inspecting both SMT and THT Boards.
- Assure all products meet the requirements of IPC-A-610, J-STD-001, customer specifications, and Industry specifications as required.
- Performs both detail and assembly-level inspections with appropriate supporting documentation verifying actual results against drawing/MPI and or specification requirements, including formal First Article Reports
- Conduct simple and complex product inspections using a variety of inspection instrumentation and equipment (e.g. micrometers, calipers, parallels, height gauges, height masters, etc)
- Verifies installations and positions new or replacement parts, components, and instruments
- Analyzes and interprets sample data
- Estimates and records operational data
- Support engineering in product and process root cause analysis
- Utilize precision measuring devices and electronic equipment to ensure compliance of parts and product with established standards and specifications
- Perform Incoming materials inspection to ensure compliance with customer, supplier, and industry specifications
- Maintain compliance with the ESD procedure and assist others in maintaining compliance
- Maintaining and assisting with the MRB Process
- These tasks are performed in accordance with engineering instructions, company standard operating procedures, professional trainings, customer requirements, and individual experience.
- Must have at least one (1) year experience as a Quality inspector in a PCBA and Mechanical EMS (Electronic Manufacturing Services) Environment.
- Experience with both THT and SMT
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience preferred
- Experience with component verification and measurement
- IPC certified
- Experienced in inspecting and determining acceptability per IPC and customer requirements
- Experience with using mechanical equipment (caliper, torque driver, micrometer, etc)
- Experience with receiving inspection for supplier verification, dimension of mechanical parts, etc
- Kaizen and lean Manufacturing techniques
- Use of quality engineering methods in inspection
- Strong, effective organizational skills required; detail oriented; ability to multitask
- Must have basic to intermediate computer skills in MS Office (Word & Excel)
- Must have basic to intermediate computer skills with familiarity with MS Office including Word and Excel.
- Strong, effective organizational skills required, detail oriented.
Rate starting at $22/hr
- Possess good communication, listening, and interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to individuals from multi-cultural backgrounds
- Maintaining courteous, professional, and effective working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Develop and maintain courteous and effective working relationships with clients, vendors, and representatives of external organizations.
- Quality training, IPC610, J-STD-001, ISO.
- To communicate information and state problems or challenges to be resolved in a clear, concise, courteous, nondiscriminatory and professional manner and be able to provide clarification, as necessary. Maintaining courteous, professional and effective working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Possess a high level of integrity in handling confidential and sensitive information.
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.