Job Function: Quality Control
Job Number: 399708
JSG, a nationally recognized professional recruiting firm, is assisting our global manufacturing client with a Quality Assurance Leader near the Columbia, MO area. Leading the quality assurance department with an estimated 20 direct reports, this onsite leader will be responsible for ISO:9001 standards and customer warranty activities.
- Achieving QA objectives by contributing information and analysis to strategic plans and reviews; prepares and completes action plans, implements production, productivity, quality and customer service standards; identifies and resolves problems; completes audits; determines system improvements and implements change as needed.
- Meets quality assurance financial objectives by estimating requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Implements preventative measures and corrective actions; verifies procedures.
- Validates quality processes by establishing product specifications; measures production; documents evidence; write and update QA procedures.
- Maintains and improves product quality by completing audits; investigates customer complaints; collaborating with other members of management to develop new product and engineering designs, and manufacturing and training methods.
- Prepares quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends including failed processes, stability studies, corrective actions, and re-validations.
- Develop and improve production standards to drive standardization and drive best practices.
- Develops and executes plans to reduce non-value-added costs, increase revenues and meet customer specifications by delivering products on time.
- Maintains consistent communication with customers and provides support to Sales during customer visits to explain and review quality performance.
- Ensures compliance with EHS directives. Assesses risks and safety hazards and implements plans to ensure people and equipment safety.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 10 years’ professional experience in Quality, Engineering, Operational Excellence, or Process Improvement.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Quality Leadership role.
- Thorough understanding of ISO 9001 certification process.
- Proven expertise with Lean Manufacturing/Six Sigma (Kaizen, 4Q, CI, DMAIC, Gemba, Root Cause Analysis).
- Six Sigma Certifications preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong analytical and systemic problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with data-driven analytical methodologies: SPC, Process Capability, PPA, FMEA, FMECA.
- Our client is unable to provide current or future sponsorship
- Roughly 20 direct report
- Relocation assistance available if needed
- Onsite role
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.