2415 W. Corporate Center Drive
Job Function: Quality Control
Job Number: 398051
Johnson Service Group (JSG) is a nationally recognized professional staffing and recruiting firm that is currently looking for a Quality Inspector with 1-3 years’ experience. This is a Temp-Direct job opportunity with an Electronic Sensor company in Phoenix, AZ.
Salary: $25.00 HR
As Quality Inspector, you will carry out inspections and tests on completed and sub-assemblies of airborne and industrial switches, sensors, and transducers. You will also perform mechanical inspections of components to ensure their compliance with engineering drawings, acceptance test procedures, and specifications. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams including Quality, Manufacturing, Design, and Sales. Additionally, you will keep accurate files and records and produce necessary reports.
Skills and Requirements:
- 80% of your work may involve Final Assembly and In-process Inspection of Switches, Sensors, and Transducers
- Conducting visual inspections and utilizing standard inspection devices or test equipment on production components
- Conducting acceptance tests to determine product compliance with dimensions, performance, mechanical, and electrical specifications
- Performing in-process inspections during assembly line processes such as soldering and passivation
- Documenting non-conformances in Discrepancy Reports (DRs)
- 10% of your work may involve Mechanical Inspection and Receiving Inspection
- Conducting Acceptable Quality Level (AQL) inspection on products produced by Machine shop and Purchased products
- 10% of your work may involve FAIRs and FAA 8130-3 Tags.
- Performing dimensional inspections for First Article Inspections Reports (FAIRs) when required
- Preparing 8130-3 Authorized Release Certificate, Airworthiness Approval Tag
- Conducting Acceptable Quality Level (AQL) testing on products produced by CCS-Mexico as needed
- Understanding engineering requirements and correlating ATP results to ensure conformity
- Collaborating with the Assembly Manager and Supervisors to establish supportive documentation and inspection criteria for final product acceptability
- Meeting production quotas
- Providing technical assistance and training as needed
- Maintaining high quality standards with minimal discrepant work
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor and/or Quality Manager
- ITAR compliant
- Proficiency in using precision measuring equipment (e.g. Calipers, Micrometers, Optical Comparators, etc.)
- Ability to maintain quality of work as per company specifications
- Ability to use Windows and MS-Office (Outlook, Excel, etc.)
- Strong communication skills in English (written and verbal)
- Time management skills
- Adaptability and flexibility to changing situations and new tasks
- Independent problem-solving skills with minimal instruction
- Professional demeanor and teamwork orientation.
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.