Job Number: 391121
Contract- RS Cabinet Finisher Sr -Second Shift - Savannah
FAA Regulated?: Yes
Pay Rates: ST - 32.19 (7.25) OT - 48.28 Per Diem - 198.00
Department: J0381-G650 Completions Installation
Shift: Second Number of Openings: 1
Ability to work with and repair all types of furniture finish highly sought after.
Education and Experience Requirements
High School Diploma or GED required. 4 years experience in wood finishing processes. Advanced knowledge of cabinet finishing processes and products. Experience in aerospace industry preferred.
Under general supervision, prepares, applies, and touches up finish on aircraft furniture, aircraft specifications and design/engineering drawings. Assists lead by overseeing projects and providing guidance, assistance and direction to co-workers. Mentors and trains other Cabinet Finishers.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs complex high quality repairs to finished surfaces of aircraft furniture in the shop and on-board aircraft. Applies finish to furniture using spray equipment and other manual/mechanical methods.
- Interprets material specifications to ensure finished product meets design and engineering requirements with a high level of quality and detail. Coordinates with Design group to ensure compliance with customer approved design samples.
- Complies with and champions Safety, 5S and housekeeping. Ensures the protection of aircraft interiors (PTP). .
- Mentors and trains lesser skilled technicians.
- Works to develop and implement process improvements that address safety, reduce cost, reduce cycle time, and man-hours using Lean Six-Sigma tools.
- Utilizes the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and sign-off work.
- Assists in developing initiatives to meet individual OGSM requirements, as required.
- Accepts Lead responsibilities when needed. Oversees projects and coordinates with Lead to delegate tasks to assigned technicians. .
- Conducts safety audits and assists team members in doing safety audits. .
- Assists in maintaining shop equipment and associated JSAs. .
- Develops YI@W (Your Ideas at Work) as the opportunities present themselves. .
- Assists in monthly 5S audits. .
Perform other duties as assigned.
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Possess a working knowledge of Gulfstream inspection, process specifications and terminology.
- The ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.