DIGIKEy 6166 125th Avenue NE
Job Function: Engineering
Job Number: 399644
Johnson Service Group is seeking an experienced PLC Maintenance Engineer for our client in Thief River Falls, MN. This is a direct hire position.
- As a Resident PLC Maintenance Engineer, you will be expected to provide industrial Electrical/Mechanical expertise and you will be part of a team that works to maximize equipment utilization and efficiency. The role will assist in the development and implementation of processes to maintain proper utilization and functionality. We require that you have advanced knowledge of Electrical/Mechanical Systems and the ability to exercise discretion and judgment with regard to your teammates, time management, and services provided as a part of your normal routine. This position will focus on the application of knowledge of electrical, mechanical, hydraulics, pneumatics, and automated equipment, including the utilization of 480vac, 240vac, 120vac, and 48vdc, 24vdc, VFDs, and PLCs (Siemens preferred.) The successful candidate will work with the existing Maintenance Shift Supervisor, Resident Site Supervisor and/or Site Maintenance Manager and will work within a team of experienced engineers.
- Be a team member providing first-class maintenance support to our customers; on operation and maintenance of automated storage and retrieval systems, and storage and picking systems installed at our customer’s locations.
- It is expected that the successful candidate will possess proven experience dealing with electro-mechanical faults and failures and understand the importance of providing preventative maintenance services as part of a resident service and support system.
- The PLC Maintenance Engineer will be eager and determined to succeed, though safety conscious in all activities undertaken, with a track record of owning problems and taking them through to successful completion.
- The PLC Maintenance Engineer may be required to respond to emergency calls. Weekend work may be required and will be structured to provide forward planning.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Rectify electro-mechanical faults, resolve PLC related issues, provide expert knowledge and expertise, be the resident expert on this subject matter, and provide assistance to Customer’s sites in assigned area
- Respond to emergency calls at Customer sites
- Safety conscious in all activities
- Track and record any and all problems and seeing them through to a successful completion
- In conjunction with the Customers on-site maintenance department, provide a first-class response to Customer, ensuring a first-time right policy
- Provide emergency breakdown and specialized maintenance support
- Setting up and calibration of precision automation equipment
- Create strong effective working relationships with our Customer and their operational agents to enable to provide a first-class service
- Achieve performance in terms of expected output, speed of response, quality-of-repair, and standards of workmanship
- Training of customer’s maintenance team, as required
- Expertise in the installation of conveyor and precision automation equipment
- Maintain quality of service by ensuring good-quality communications with Customers
- Ensure that reports are well-written and legible
- Execution of site quality procedures, safety procedures, and any statutory procedures
- Regular meetings with the Maintenance Shift Supervisor or Resident Site Manager or Site Maintenance Manager, as applicable, to discuss activities and progress. Otherwise, you would provide that information to the Resident Business Manager.
- Providing specialized maintenance service support for the Customer’s installed system
- Ensure that all spare parts usage issues are logged appropriately and promptly with the Customer and spare parts team or CMMS, if available
- Ensuring proper care and maintenance of the tools and equipment supplied
- Provide flexibility and the best-use of skills and capabilities
- Ensure that all time sheets and documents are correct and legible, with all the correct job numbers entered, and presented to biweekly basis, for approval
- Provide the mechanical strip-down/re-assembly, basic field wiring, machine calibration, and system testing as needed
- Working against a timeframe to complete reactive repairs
- Interact with on-site management, keeping them informed of repair and maintenance progression, and addressing their concerns in a professional manner
- Show hands-on ownership of issues to achieve a timely resolution
- Ability to interpret and work with electrical circuit diagrams
- Utilize appropriate health & safety considerations with regard to given tasks and be able to carry out risk assessments
- Extensive experience in equipment maintenance, modifications and design preferred
- Ability to provide talent that contribute a unique interpretation or analysis of our systems to our customers.
- Theoretical and operational experience in the repair, troubleshooting of PLC-based machinery and control systems
- Network equipment interfaces, a plus
Education & Experience:
If interested please apply immediately!
- Degree in Electrical and or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 5-10 years of verifiable progressive experience as Maintenance Repairman, Maintenance Electrician, Machine Repairman, or Industrial Maintenance Engineering
- Verifiable experience providing repairs on various types of machinery systems, including electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) and or (English/German) preferred but not required
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.