Job Function: Engineering
Job Number: 391479
JSG is looking for a Senior Embedded Software Engineer to support the development of emerging space systems. This full-time position will report to the Lead Electrical Engineer to primarily support responsibilities within the Advanced Project Organization however they will also support the development of real-time monitoring and control systems for LEO, GEO, and Lunar vicinity missions.
The Senior Embedded Software Engineer will leverage their technical expertise to collaborate with interdisciplinary teams. A successful candidate has the initiative to take the ownership of software architecture development as well as hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) testing.
knowledge, skills, & abilities:
- Programming in C/C++
- Experience with Linux Operating Systems
- Experience with version control and GIT
- Guide junior developers and review and approve code for implementation
- Review and validate software provided by 3rd party vendors
- Serve as a subject matter expert for software requirements, architectures, and interface design
- Ability to work independently with regular guidance from program leadership
- Develops and maintains software interface definition documents and user manuals
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field of study
- 5+ years of experience working on hierarchical distributed systems
- 2+ years of experience developing aerospace software
It is our policy to select, place, train and promote the most qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as work quality, attitude and experience so as to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees in compliance with applicable local, state and federal laws and without regard to non-work related factors such as race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran stats, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, genetic information, or other protected status. When applicable, our policy of non-discrimination applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, placement, lay-off, compensation, termination, reduction in force and benefits.
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.