Job Function: Engineering - Civil
Job Number: 399752
Johnson Service Group (JSG) is recruiting for a, Senior Civil Designer, for a 12-month contract assignment supporting the U.S. Air Force facility near Ogden, UT. This onsite role offers a W2 hourly base rate with time and a half for overtime, per diem, and mobilization / demobilization.
U.S. Citizenship is required
W2 hourly pay rate: $80.00 - $85.00
Bechtel National is contracted to Northrop Grumman to provide launch system design, construction, and integration for the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) system. This is a U.S. Air Force program designed to modernize the nation’s ground element of the nuclear deterrent. This role will support design development of Civil Site engineering designs by preparing studies, drawings, and evaluations. Full time presence on project is required.
- Work with Civil/Structural designers/engineers/supervisors to plan, budget, and schedule drawings and 3-D model deliverables.
- Originate and check civil site deliverables of moderate complexity, including drawings and 3-D models for steel and concrete and/or earthwork/site design.
- Interpret and verify industry standards, guidelines, and codes for project deliverables.
- Report design quantities compared to estimated quantities.
- Participate in project design/model reviews.
- Participate in constructability reviews.
- Review and coordinate technical documents with/from other engineering disciplines, procurement, and construction.
Education / Experience:
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in civil / structural engineering
- 9+ years of experience in the application of civil / structural engineering design principles
- Advance experience in the use of AutoCAD, Civil3D, and Revit
- Work experience should emphasize Civil Site design and horizontal projects such as rail and telecommunications
- Familiar with the provisions of AASHTHO, ASTM, ACI, ASTM, FHWA, MUTCD and WBDG UFC codes
- Knowledge of construction materials and construction details and techniques
- Knowledge of technical responsibilities of other disciplines associated with Facilities Design
- Ability to independently execute the detailed design drawings of Civil Site systems of moderate complexity
- Thorough knowledge of engineering deliverables, such as drawings and specifications
- Ability to express technical issues in a clear and concise manner, both written and verbally
- Ability to resolve design issues with other engineering disciplines, construction, and the client
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience in Utility civil engineering or outside plant engineering (OSP)
- Experience with designs including with horizontal directional drilling and jack & bore drilling
- Experience executing fielding design for horizontal projects such as rail or telecommunications
- Experience with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and integration with engineering design deliverables
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt or higher or working knowledge of other process improvement programs
Johnson Service Group, Inc. (JSG) is a North American leader in the staffing and consulting services industry, with over 35 years of experience investing in people and companies.
**Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.