2435 Stevens Center Place
Job Function: Engineering - Mechanical
Job Number: 399593
Johnson Service Group (JSG) is recruiting for a, Senior HVAC Engineer, for a 12-month contract assignment supporting the Hanford Waste Treatment Plant near Richland, WA. This onsite role offers a W2 hourly base rate with time and a half for overtime, per diem, and mobilization / demobilization. Bechtel National is targeting $85.00/hour for this role.
U.S. Citizenship is required.
The Hanford Tank Waste Treatment Plant will use vitrification technology to process and solidify radioactive and chemical waste stored at the Hanford site. This position is located 22 miles north of Richland and works a 9/80 schedule, offering every other Friday off.
- Working with the HVAC Mechanical Engineering team and other disciplines in developing the detailed system design and specifying equipment.
- Preparing technical reports and studies and design documentation, performing calculations using engineering software, and preparing specifications for complex mechanical equipment and supporting systems.
- Developing design documents, including ventilation and instrument diagrams (V&ID's), formal calculations, and equipment data sheets, that incorporate the applicable design requirements, including nuclear safety requirements.
- Design the system and specify the equipment to meet the applicable design requirements.
- Procure the equipment in accordance with applicable QA requirements.
- Support the associated safety analyses and hazards evaluations.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Nuclear, or Chemical Engineering
- 9+ years of experience with V&ID’s, calculations, and specifications for Mechanical/HVAC systems and equipment on power plants, refineries, or chemical process facilities
- In lieu of degree, 15 years of related experience is required
- Experience in procurement of packaged equipment is a plus
- Knowledge of corporate, industry, and regulatory guides, codes, and standards
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Promote our leadership, quality, and safety values, to external partners including vendors, construction companies, and other subcontractors
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Must be able to obtain a site security badge for access to work site
- Experience with Trane TRACE™ 700 and VariTrane™ Duct Designer software
- Experience working with vendors on procurement of equipment
- Experience in CGD and/or Environmental Equipment Qualification
- Passed the Fundamentals of Engineering examination
Johnson Service Group, Inc. (JSG) is a North American leader in the staffing and consulting services industry, with over 35 years of experience investing in people and companies.
**Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.