18 Industrial Drive
Job Function: Engineering
Job Number: 395374
Johnson Service Group (JSG) is seeking a qualified Sr Manufacturing Engineer. This is a direct position in the Newington, NH area.
Position Summary: for Manufacturing Engineer.
The Sr. Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for establishing, maintaining, and growing a World Class vendor base.
- The successful applicant will be required to communicate effectively through all organizational levels at both SIG SAUER and vendor organizations.
- Strengths will include analytical skills, the ability to drive to the root cause, and effectively monitor implemented corrective actions.
- Experience working with international vendors is a plus.
- This position will require 10% domestic and international travel. Familiarity with precision machining, metal & plastics injection molding, and plating and heat-treating processes are all highly desirable.
- The ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment is a must.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establish inspection methods, acceptance criteria, and sampling plans for newly outsourced components.
- Design gages and inspection fixtures
- Recommend and implement changes and enhancements to existing manufacturing procedures at suppliers to improve the quality of products.
- Experience with control plan, Inspection techniques, Gage R&R & Bias.
- Evaluate and improve product prints for manufacturability while applying GD&T and dimensional stack-ups.
- Responsible for driving the Corrective Action and Preventive Action (CAPA) process.
- Evaluate and disposition components determined to be non-conforming, and drive suppliers to reduce non-conformance deliveries.
- Dimensional verification of incoming inspection results.
- Train Suppliers to effectively execute Supplier Corrective Action Requests (SCAR) and Corrective Actions Preventive Actions (CAPA).
- Provide expert consultation in one or more areas for the design, development and implementation of technical systems and manufacturing processes. Areas of expertise required include but are not limited to:
*Metal injection molding
*Plastic injection molding
*High volume CNC machining fixtures
*Heat treatment of metals
*Resolve quality issues related to product and processes using statistical methods.
*Keep track of open issues and drive all projects to closure.
*Other duties may be assigned.
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.