Job Function: Engineering - Mechanical
Job Number: 399738
Piping Stress Engineer
Location: Houston, TX (Hybrid)
Client Overview: Small-sized engineering procurement and construction management company specializing in upstream and midstream projects. An integrated multi-discipline organization, with offices in Calgary, AB. And Houston, TX which offers a full spectrum of engineering services for identifying, planning, and executing projects and optimizing existing assets.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer with a focus on piping vibrations and dynamics. This role involves conducting advanced analysis of piping systems, particularly in the context of gas compressor systems and offshore installations. The candidate should have expertise in API 618 acoustical studies, mechanical analysis of reciprocating compressors, and a strong background in the dynamic and stress analysis of piping systems.
- Perform API 618 acoustical studies using advanced software for gas compressor systems, ensuring mitigation of acoustical pulsations and shaking forces.
- Conduct dynamic and stress analysis of piping systems using tools such as AutoPIPE, Ansys APDL, Workbench, Spaceclaim, and custom in-house tools.
- Manage large-scale projects involving reciprocating compressors and piping systems, ensuring compliance with industry standards and client requirements.
- Develop and implement advanced analysis methodologies for piping vibrations and dynamics.
- Provide training and mentorship to junior engineers in mechanical and acoustical analysis.
- Maintain and grow client relationships, overseeing key accounts and project execution.
- Contribute to the development of innovative tools and techniques to improve efficiency and accuracy in piping vibration analysis.
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field.
- Professional Engineering (P.E.) license in relevant states.
- At least 16 years of industry experience in mechanical engineering, with a focus on piping vibrations and dynamics.
- Proficiency in engineering software such as Excel, AutoPIPE, Ansys, and other relevant tools.
- Demonstrated experience in project management and client coordination.
- Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to lead and mentor teams.
- Experience in offshore compressor installations and international projects.
- Familiarity with ASME codes, pressure vessel design, and welding techniques.
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.