Job Function: Engineering - Mechanical
Job Number: 399625
Johnson Service Group (JSG) is recruiting for, Mid-Level and Senior Mechanical Engineers for a 12-month contract assignment at the Hanford Waste Treatment Plant in Richland, WA. This role offers a W2 hourly pay rate with time and a half for overtime, per diem, and mobilization/demobilization.
U.S. Citizenship is required.
Mid-Level Pay Rate - $70.00 - $75.00 per hour.
Senior-Level Pay Rate - $90.00 - $100.00 per hour.
The Hanford Tank Waste Treatment Plant will use vitrification technology to process and solidify radioactive and chemical waste stored at the Hanford site. This position is located 22 miles north of Richland and works a 9/80 schedule, offering every other Friday off.
- Designing the fluid and gas systems in the WTP process facilities
- Preparing technical reports and studies and design documentation, performing calculations using engineering software
- Preparing specifications for complex mechanical equipment for the waste treatment process and supporting systems
- Interfacing and coordinating with other engineering disciplines and the client in the development of the design
- Collect the process, safety, and other requirements for the fluid process or support systems and design the system and specify the equipment to meet the applicable requirements
- Coordinates with the engineering group and other disciplines in developing the detailed system design and specifying equipment in a team environment
- Prepares reports and studies in resolving open technical issues related to the process systems
- Develops and revises piping and instrument diagrams, formal calculations, and equipment datasheets and specifications in completing the detailed design for the system, including equipment selection
- Supports the associated safety analyses and hazards evaluations
- Promoting our leadership, quality, and safety values, to external partners including vendors, construction companies, and other subcontractors.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Nuclear Engineering require
- Mid-Level: 5 - 8 years of experience in Piping and Instrument Diagram (P&ID) development for fluid system design, (hydraulic, heat transfer, and thermodynamic calculations)
- Senior-Level: 9+ years of experience in Piping and Instrument Diagram (P&ID) development for fluid system design, (hydraulic, heat transfer, and thermodynamic calculations)
- Experience with equipment specification and design development for waste processing, nuclear, refinery, power, or chemical process facilities that incorporate nuclear safety requirements
- Experience in working with procedures meeting quality assurance programs such as ASME-NQA-1, MIL-Q-9858A, or ISO-9000
- Knowledge of Bechtel corporate, industry and regulatory guides, codes, and standards such as ASME B31.3 and ASME AG-1
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Must be able to obtain a Department of Energy badge for access to the Hanford Site.
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration in Mechanical, Nuclear, or Chemical Engineering
- Experience in fluid system design in a DOE or commercial nuclear facilities.
Johnson Service Group, Inc. (JSG) is a North American leader in the staffing and consulting services industry, with over 35 years of experience investing in people and companies.
**Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.