Job Function: Engineering, Engineering - Mechanical
Job Number: 397735
Johnson Service Group, Inc., is actively seeking a Sr. Principal Mechanical Engineer to work with our client in the Reading, PA area. This is slotted as a long term contract opportunity working with an industry leader and our client is hiring immediately.
- Deliver mechanical engineering services that meet our client, its customers and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget
- Initiate, manage and if required supervise mechanical engineering project requirements
- Perform mechanical engineering services such as:
- Participate in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports and follow required checking procedures
- Ensure the project scope is clear and that changes comply with project change management processes
- Provide assistance and advice during procurement, construction and commissioning activities. For example, write requisitions, conduct technical bid evaluations and write purchase orders.
- Work with self-initiated interaction with supervisor and self-initiated technical guidance. Influence over duties. Receive administrative direction based on organization policies and objectives. Work is reviewed to ensure conformity with policy and for coordination of other company functions or groups.
- If needed, act as the mechanical engineering Lead on specific projects
- If responsible for a team:
- Outline project requirements including actively promoting workshare, where appropriate, assign tasks and supervise progress
- Ensure the required services meet our client, its customers and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, on time and within budget
- Proactively resolve any discrepancies between our client and its customer's requirements.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in mechanical engineering
- If required, assist and support junior personnel within the mechanical engineering team
- Communicate effectively with the mechanical engineering team and project stakeholders, including the customers
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required
- Extensive years of relevant discipline experience
- Experience working in project leadership role
- Experience in estimating project costs and writing proposal content
- Highly effective technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to our client and its customers
- A sound knowledge of the fundamental requirements of the mechanical engineering, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields
- A sound knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements
- Competent use of mechanical engineering specific software
- Competent use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite
- Substantial technical land practical experience in mechanical engineering in the same or similar industry including experience in working in multi-disciplinary projects and teams
- 4 or 5 year Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Professional Engineer (PE) in the United States
Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.