Job Number: 388134
Johnson Service Group (JSG) is actively seeking Sheetmetal Senior Mechanics with 4 years of experience for a long-term contract in Georgia.
The Sheetmetal Technician Senior works under minimal supervision to safely lay-out, fabricate and install parts equipment and fabricated items on aircraft following established operating procedures. All work performed should be in accordance with company design specifications, quality standards and completed work should meet customer expectations.
Candidate must have heavy modification/fabrication experience. Heavy structures work (Skin changes, cargo door mods, crack repairs, antenna installations).
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Safely perform sheet-metal layout, fabrication, and installation of parts, equipment or fabricated items on aircraft under general supervision. Coordinate with supervision and Inspection to ensure compliance with internal and FAA paperwork, sign-offs and quality specifications.
2. Use blueprints to cut and form plastics and follow standard operating procedures when using adhesives, sealants and solvents.
3. Utilizing proper tooling, shape and form complex angles and configurations according to blueprint specifications or written/verbal information.
4. Safely operate shop equipment such as: brakes, presses, riveting equipment, shears, and hand tools associated with sheet-metal functions.
- 2+ years of experience in heavy aircraft maintenance.
- No Tools required
- High School Diploma or GED required. 4 years of sheetmetal and/or fabrication experience. Experience in aerospace industry preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of sheetmetal or fabrication processes (forming, drilling, stamping, shaping, bending, punching, cutting, riveting, filing and dimpling).
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation.
- Valid drivers license required.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand proficiently the English language.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Adapts to sudden schedule changes.
- Able to use tools and equipment associated with sheetmetal work.
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.