177 Nepean St Ste 300
Job Number: 391436
- Toronto, Ontario
- Montréal, Québec
- Edmonton, Alberta
- Vancouver, British Columbia
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
The Solution Architect will be responsible for planning, the architecture, design, testing, installation, and leading the engineering and deployment of IPTV services, systems and infrastructure within Client
The candidate must be a creative problem solver, curious, collaborative and ready to be on leading edge of technological transformation. The incumbent will develop on their own and/or with internal and external teams the needed solutions to ensure IPTV services are aligned with our business objectives.
- Work as a member of the engineering team to test and implement new solutions or changes to the existing solutions delivered to end customers.
- Plan and develop the technical and process aspects of solutions.
- Assess business and technical requirements and develop vision and strategy of the solutions based on objectives.
- Maintain and develop relationships with internal stakeholders who rely on the solutions we provide.
- Contribute regular insight to others on the state of our solutions, industry trends, major issues, and business issues.
- Act as the point of escalation (SME level) for issues for our operations teams.
- Develop, Test and validate software releases and approved configurations for equipment.
- Maintain and develop processes related to provisioning, upgrades, support and deployment.
- Act as subject matter expert for the product, support and care teams.
- Maintain current, hands-on knowledge.
- Manage compatibility requirements.
- Perform technical and business evaluations.
- Seek efficiency in any aspect of day-to-day work and processes.
- Work closely with technical teams during design sessions, and during implementation of solutions.
- Provide feedback and assist management with prioritization of new features.
- Experience working with open-source projects and customizations of open-source projects to fit custom solutions.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Self-motivated and driven.
- Technically focused and business minded.
- Customer experience focused.
- Ability to balance working in a team and as an individual contributor.
- Thrive under pressure.
- Able to think non-linear.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Must be able to learn, understand and apply new technologies.
- Experience integrating multiple vendor products using custom tools and approaches.
- Experience and working knowledge of next-generation video service management platform (preferable Minerva).
- Experience with IPTV, VOD, SVOD, PPV and DVR services.
- Experience with deployment and testing on IP Set-Top Boxes, Hybrid Set-Top Boxes, Streaming Media Players, Smartphones, Tablets, Amazon Firestick, Roku, and Apple TV.
- Experience with NGINX software and HTTP caching.
- Knowledge of packagers, video content encryptions and Cloud PVRs.
- Video transcoding knowledge, particularly FFmpeg.
- Knowledge of Apple HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), mpeg-DASH, Microsoft HTTP Smooth Streaming (HSS), or Adobe HTTP Dynamic Streaming (HDS).
- IP Networking (OSI Model, Ethernet, IPv4, IPv6, etc.) with routing and switching knowledge.
- Experience with DevOps methodologies, git, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Linux Ubuntu, Redhat, Debian, CentOS, UNIX/BSD and some Windows Servers Editions.
- Proficient with scripting in Linux and/or Windows (Python, unix shell, PowerShell, etc.).
- Cloud knowledge (Azure, AWS, GCP) is an asset.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- College diploma or University degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- Acceptable combinations of education and experience will be considered.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience working as a systems administrator, system engineer, solution architect or system architect, in a service provider environment (hosted services or telecommunications provider).
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience participating as a SME in complex projects.
HERE’S WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
Experience a wealth of opportunities that only a growing company can offer by joining a dynamic team that’s vigilantly working together towards reshaping the telecommunications landscape.
- The heart and soul of our compensation program is built from the foundation of our vision, mission and values.
- Industry-leading Corporate Medical and Dental benefits program, in addition to many other perks that make company a great place to work.
- RRSP contributions.
- We promote work-life balance with generous PTO.
- We provide a great work environment with organized social events.
- You’ll have opportunities for growth & development.
- We have great downtown locations and amazing people.
Company connects Canadians to the people, passion, and priorities that matter. Join us in our mission to provide a true alternative to Canadian consumers!
Diversity and inclusion are important to Client. We appreciate the uniqueness of all individuals and believe that our differences are what make us stronger. Client is committed to providing a workplace that ensures equal opportunities, development, and advancement for all.
Covid 19 Restrictions- Candidate must be fully vaccinated.
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.