Job Function: Engineering
Job Number: 393875
Johnson Service Group (JSG) is a nationally recognized professional staffing and recruiting firm that is currently looking for a Sr Electrical Engineer/Analyst. This is a contract position.
- Extensive electrical equipment knowledge is required, including but not limited to low and medium voltage switchgear, motor controllers, protective relaying, transformers, motors, AC/DC variable speed drive systems, and uninterruptible power systems.
- Broad knowledge and application of the NEC (National Electric Code) and related industry codes and standards as applied to industrial facilities and electric power generating stations is required.
- Familiarity with in-plant electrical system protection preferred
- Experience with heat trace design required.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot electrical problems in an operating plant environment is required.
- Experience gathering data and leading short circuit analysis and load studies is required.
- Experience taking projects from conception through commissioning and startup. Must be capable of managing small task force groups and coordinating projects with other disciplines.
- Knowledge and design experience with NFPA 497, 499, and NEC Article 500 Hazardous (Classified) Area Class 1, 2, Division 1 and 2
- Must be comfortable working as a subject matter expert and leading power discussions
- Candidate should demonstrate behaviors of Unquestionable Trust, Superior Performance and Total Commitment.
- Must perform well in a team environment and be highly motivated, with the desire and ability to learn new concepts and work with minimal supervision.
- Must have good interpersonal skills, as well as good oral and written communications. Ability to perform multiple projects simultaneously and to exhibit good time management and organizational skills is required.
- Specific design experience in low and medium voltage switchgear and motor control centers required.
- BS in Electrical Engineering preferred, with PE registration in electrical engineering. For designer, 2- or 4-year Technical Degree preferred.
- Experience with AutoCAD in development of electrical drawings is required.
- Experience with Plant 3D modeling is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications or demonstrated experience with similar computer applications is required.
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Full Time position
- Contract estimated six months to one year