JSG is currently seeking a qualified Sr Powerplant Systems Engineer for a contract position working on engineering projects for a premier aircraft manufacturing company in Savannah, GA.
Candidates should have experience with:
- Aircraft turbine engine installations including nacelles, inlet, thrust reverser and powerplant systems.
- FAA Part 25/EASA CS-25 certification of powerplant system components, including RTCA DO160 qualification test requirements, test plans, test witnessing, data analysis, and reporting.
- Requirements and testing of components in designated fire zones, flammable fluid zones and firewalls.
- Coordinating with engine and nacelle suppliers to meet system and component design, test and certification requirements.
- General knowledge of aircraft turbine engine operation and performance.
• Requires a Bachelor's Degree (or foreign degree equivalent) in Engineering or a related field with 5 years of engineer experience including 3 years of systems engineering working experience to be able to integrate equipment at the aircraft level and provide system functionality.
• Must have at least 3 years working experience with interfacing various aircraft subsystems and typical program development phases; preliminary design, TRR, PDR, CDR and qualification.
• Ideal candidate will have experience with CATIA V5.
• Must have experience validating and verifying system level requirements using ARP4754A.
• Must have worked on at least one engine/aircraft certification program integrating aspects of: thrust reverser, engine air and hydraulic systems, anti-icing systems.
• Must be able to review system schematics and wiring diagrams.
• Experience working in a fast-paced team environment.
• Will accept a Master's degree (or foreign degree equivalent) in Engineering or a related field plus 3 years of the above-listed experience or a Ph.D. (or foreign degree equivalent) in Engineering or a related field plus one year of the above-listed experience.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related curriculum applicable to the respective job position required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
13 yrs specific technical discipline or 15 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors. Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters and 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
Works on engineering projects containing critical problems, the solution of which requires major technological advances and extensive related development
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Functions: 1. Responsible for an entire engineering project of major complexity within established scope 2. Makes technical decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative and have an important impact on extensive engineering activities 3. Applies advanced technical principles, theories and concepts based on broad expertise or unique specialized knowledge 4. Leads the development of innovative principles and ideas 5. Acts independently to determine improved methods and/or procedures to optimize technical product, cost and schedule requirements 6. Works under consultative direction; uses independent judgment to accomplish objectives 7. Develops standards and guides for diverse engineering activities 8. Conceives and plans investigation of broad areas of importance for which engineering precedents are lacking in areas critical to the program Perform other duties as assigned.
Interested candidates should apply directly to Aretha Allen at email@example.com or call 678-904-0426 to discuss details.