2435 Stevens Center Place
Job Function: Engineering - Mechanical
Job Number: 399722
Johnson Service Group (JSG) is seeking a Sr. CAD Specialist for a 12-month contract assignment supporting the Hanford Waste Treatment Plant near Richland, WA. This onsite role offers a W2 hourly pay rate with time and a half for overtime, per diem, and mobilization / demobilization.
U.S. Citizenship is required
W2 hourly pay rate: $80.00 - $85.00 (according to experience)
The Hanford Tank Waste Treatment Plant will use vitrification technology to process and solidify radioactive and chemical waste stored at the Hanford site. This position is located 22 miles north of Richland and works a 9/80 schedule, offering every other Friday off.
- The primary duties consist of supporting and assisting in development, review, administration, testing, configuration, implementation, data integration/management in support of a large Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) project.
- Assists senior engineering automation staff eliciting requirements to support information management, data validation and data ownership work activities.
- Applies knowledge of 3D, P&ID, etc. principles and practices to data integration with commercial-off-the- shelf software.
- Coordinates with and support technical team members in information systems, automation, and engineering in areas related to engineering authoring and integration tools.
- Assists in producing artifacts to convey data integration and management activities for review and coordination.
- Assists in training on-project users in the use of engineering software and related work processes.
- Must be well organized and can accomplish assigned tasks within established budgets and schedules.
- Sound knowledge of CAD design and drafting techniques, engineering drawing, graphic arts, reading of drawings and reproduction methods used by the discipline.
- Hands-on experience with database systems such as Microsoft Access, Oracle, and SQL Server.
- Hands-on experience integrating data between disparate systems and various data types (e.g., structured, unstructured, documents, etc.).
- General knowledge of engineering/scientific systems, calculations, applications, and relevant computer applications.
- Basic knowledge of industry and regulatory standards, design criteria, and codes relevant to the discipline.
- Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen, physical (if located at the construction site), and background check which includes verification of employment and education.
- Must be able to obtain a Department of Energy badge for access to the Hanford Site.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering curriculum or drafting/design with 9 years of experience in piping design utilizing 2D/3D CAD System.
- Hands-on experience with Bentley OpenPlant, Smart3D or any 3D CAD modeling software
- Design production engineering experience
- Working knowledge of the application of ASME NQA-1 and DOE O 414.1C, relating to software development and software quality
Johnson Service Group, Inc. (JSG) is a North American leader in the staffing and consulting services industry, with over 35 years of experience investing in people and companies.
**Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.