890 Hwy 17
Job Number: 399410
Johnson Service Group is recruiting a Sr Engineer for Instrumentation and Controls Engineering. This a a full time direct hire position in Palatka, FL. Must relocate to Palatka for this role.
Salary range = $125,000
Position Summary Description
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Under general direction, responsible for engineering activities associated with Electrical and Instrumentation & Control (I&C) Engineering for client.
- Works independently with minimal guidance using knowledge of electrical and I&C engineering concepts.
- May provide guidance and direction to other client employees to support production of high quality, timely and cost-effective engineering solutions to technical problems.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited institution is required. Advanced degree in engineering preferred.
- Eight (8) years of progressively responsible experience in large, modern power plants (or applicable equivalent training and education) dealing with the construction, operation and maintenance of electrical and instrumentation and control systems.
- Experience must include the development of technical specifications, economic studies, evaluation and analysis, and complex technical problems.
- Practical experience in and working knowledge of complex distributed control systems (DCS).
- Familiarity with NERC standards and procedures is preferred. Professional Engineer registration in Florida or an advanced degree in engineering may substitute for one (1) year of experience.
- Engineering technical abilities
- Problem analysis
- Analytical thinking
- Knowledge of power plant design, operations and construction
- Plant Instrumentation and Controls
- Distributed Control Systems (DCS)
- Project planning and coordination
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Provides in-depth technical expertise to develop, manage and implement engineering analysis, activities, and programs.
- Provides technical expertise and consultation to identify/resolve plant equipment and system problems.
- Assists with developing procedures, improving design recommendations and new equipment purchase recommendations.
- Prepares and reviews design changes and design calculations in accordance with governing standards and procedures
- Prepares or leads others in the development of technical specifications, pricing documents, bidder’s lists, bid evaluation criteria and project cost estimates for process systems, equipment or maintenance projects.
- Works with technical staff and/or Engineering Supervisor to conduct analysis of complex plant operation or maintenance problems which could lead to design changes, alternate equipment selection, different operating practices or a combination there of. Makes recommendations based on the analysis results.
- Directly interface with other workgroups (i.e., Operations, Maintenance, etc.) and Station Leadership regarding plant issues and improvement initiatives.
- Provides support for outages, emergent issues and generation challenges which may require shift work/off hours. Demonstrates ownership of assigned systems/components and advocates for system performance improvement opportunities.
- Conducts analysis of control systems, instrumentation, and electrical equipment failures to determine the source and preventative action.
- Develops and implements trending and monitoring plans for assigned systems/components to ensure safe reliable equipment performance.
- Assists the DCS Administrators in troubleshooting and makes recommendations as to changes to the DCS systems.
- Coordinates activities of outside consultants as assigned.
- Takes a proactive approach regarding personal safety, safety of others and comply with all OSHA and SECI safety rules. Must complete all necessary online or classroom safety courses as directed. Must participate in safety briefings and meetings.
- Takes a proactive approach regarding environmental rules and regulations governing the operation of the plant. Must complete all necessary online or classroom environmental courses as directed. Required to immediately report any, and all, environmental reportable incidents.
- Performs other duties as applicable to the position or as assigned.
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.