Job Function: Engineering
Job Number: 398073
Johnson Service Group (JSG) is seeking (3) Sr. Mechanical Engineers for a 12-month contract assignment at the Hanford Waste Treatment Plant in Richland, WA. This role offers a W2 hourly pay rate with time and a half for overtime, per diem, and mobilization/demobilization.
U.S. Citizenship is required.
Pay Rate - $90.00 - $100.00 per hour pending education and experience.
Target start date: 10/16/2023
Working as part of the Mechanical Systems team designing the fluid and gas systems in the WTP process facilities, assisting with discipline work process execution in a technically adequate manner and in accordance with company, contract, and industry codes and standard.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Prepares technical reports, studies, and design documentation, calculations using engineering software, and specifications for complex mechanical equipment for the waste treatment process and supporting systems.
- Interfaces and coordinates with other engineering disciplines and the client in the development of the design.
- The primary role of the Senior Mechanical Systems Engineer is to be part of the team designing the system and specifying the equipment to meet the applicable requirements. This may involve providing direction to Designers and Technologists.
- Coordinates within the engineering group and other disciplines and groups in developing the detailed system design and equipment selection in a team environment.
- Resolve technical issues related to the discipline, including any required interface with other disciplines, groups, suppliers, and the customer.
- Supports the associated safety analyses and hazards evaluations as well as ensure the work is performed to the high-quality standards for nuclear facilities in full compliance with the schedule.
- In addition, it will be required that the candidate have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Upon initial hire and onboarding, the position will require full-time presence in the Richland, Washington project office. This position works a 9/80 schedule, offering every other Friday off.
- BS degree in Mechanical, Nuclear, or Chemical Engineering from an accredited university or college with 9 years of progressive related experience.
- Related experience includes, but is not limited to, experience in Piping and Instrument Diagram (P&ID) development fluid system design, hydraulic, heat transfer, and thermodynamic calculations, and equipment specification and design development for waste processing, nuclear, refinery, power, or chemical process facilities.
- Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen, physical, and background check which includes verification of employment and education.
- Must be able to obtain a Department of Energy badge for access to the Hanford Site.
- Must possess the right to work and remain in the United States without sponsorship.
- The ideal candidate will have solid experience in process system design and will be capable of developing design documents, including piping and instrument diagrams and equipment data sheets, that incorporate the applicable design and nuclear safety requirements.
- Experience in working with procedures meeting quality assurance programs such as ASME-NQA-1, MIL-Q-9858A, or ISO-9000.
- Knowledge of Bechtel corporate, industry and regulatory guides, codes, and standards such as ASME B31.3 and ASME AG-1.
- Professional registration in Mechanical, Nuclear, or Chemical Engineering.
- Experience in fluid system design in a DOE or commercial nuclear facilities.
Johnson Service Group, Inc. (JSG) is a North American leader in the staffing and consulting services industry, with over 35 years of experience investing in people and companies.
**Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.