2435 Stevens Center Place
Job Number: 399591
Johnson Service Group (JSG) is seeking a Senior Pipe Support Engineer for a 12-month contract assignment supporting the Hanford Waste Treatment Plant near Richland, WA. This onsite role offers a W2 hourly pay rate with time and a half for overtime, per diem, and mobilization / demobilization.
U.S. Citizenship is required
W2 hourly pay rate: $80.00 - $85.00 (according to experience)
The Hanford Tank Waste Treatment Plant will use vitrification technology to process and solidify radioactive and chemical waste stored at the Hanford site. This position is located 22 miles north of Richland and works a 9/80 schedule, offering every other Friday off.
- Locating and designing supports for various piping systems and performing associated calculations
- Work closely with layout personnel and pipe stress engineers to deliver a quality and cost-effective design
- Coordinate with other engineering disciplines and vendors as required
- Prior experience should include working in a 3D model environment
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline
- 9+ years of related experience with common pipe support hardware, industry standards, and relevant codes such as AISC & ASME B31.3
- Prior experience using structural analysis software such as GTSTRUDL, STAAD, or SAP2000
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Must be able to obtain a Department of Energy badge for access to the Hanford Site
- Due to the requirements of federal contracts, candidates must have U.S. citizenship
- PE Registration
- Prior experience using pipe stress analysis programs ME150 (FAPPS)
- Prior experience using Pipe Support Modeler software
- Previous Bechtel project experience
- Previous DOD/DOE project experience
Johnson Service Group, Inc. (JSG) is a North American leader in the staffing and consulting services industry, with over 35 years of experience investing in people and companies.
**Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.