2445 Port Neal Industrial Rd
Job Number: 393643
Sr. Project Engineer
Johnson Service Group (JSG) is a nationally recognized Engineering, Professional and Technical Recruitment firm. We are currently recruiting for ais seeking a Sr. Project Engineer. Sr. Project Engineer performs engineering design evaluations and works to complete projects within budget and scheduling restraints. Reviews industry policies and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance. This position will primarily work with Operations, process engineering, capital projects and process improvement projects. In addition to typical engineering functions, the job requires the ability to work well with all levels of personnel and contractors. This position will report to the VP of Engineering. Support the ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and FSSC 22000 management systems and the Quality, Environmental, and Food Safety Policy as appropriate in the function.
The preferred candidate will have:
- Seven (7) plus years work experience in different foods or pharmaceutical environment.
- B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering. MBA is preferred.
- A Project Engineer that can facilitate Engineering solutions for plant & business needs followed by project execution / management.
- AutoCAD experience is a must. 3D is preferred.
- Area of experience / Knowledge: • Thermo dynamics
- Ammonia refrigeration system design / operation
- Heat exchanger
- Cooling towers
- Liquid / solid Process Equipment’s
- Robots mechanics
- Mass balance / value stream
- CIP technology
- Value Stream
- Energy Balance
- Medium size Project ($10 - $30M) Management experience is a must. PMP certification is preferred.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills are required.
- Understand instrumentation / controls from Automation perspective is a plus.
- MES (Manufacturing Execution System) implementation experience is a plus.
- Lean Six Sigma is a plus.
- A practical technical comprehension, with the capability for "hands-on" work is highly important.
- Scheduling, contractor selection, supervision, schedule execution, and budget management of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Perform associated pre-engineering, investigative work required for design of new projects and improvements of existing equipment.
- Be involved in the development and revision of Engineering Standards.
- Keep up to date with technology that can impact operation.
- The extent of responsibility generally requires overseeing and mentoring other engineers.
- Work with all departments/disciplines within the company.
- Oversee strategic and tactical planning for assigned engineering projects.
- Enforce company policies and procedures.
- Self-discipline to work remotely if needed.
- The ideal candidate must be dynamic and self-starter.
- Thoroughly monitor and control capital spending, following all pertinent procedures and construction standards, keeping appropriate persons informed in a timely manner of risks or opportunities.
- Coordinate and supervise installation process of assigned projects, ensuring that timeliness & cost control.
- Ability to travel up to 30% and manage projects at multiple locations as needed.
- Opportunity to work from home/remotely 1-2 days per week.
- Bonus Program
- 401(k) Matching
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Group term life insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Dr. On Demand Virtual Care
- Identity Theft Protection
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Weekly
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance
Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.