Job Function: Engineering
Job Number: 398068
Johnson Service Group (JSG) is seeking a Sr. Quality Engineer (Electrical) for a 12-month contract assignment at the Hanford Waste Treatment Plant in Richland, WA. This role offers a W2 hourly pay rate with time and a half for overtime, per diem, and mobilization/demobilization.
U.S. Citizenship is required.
Pay Rate - $85.00 - $95.00 per hour pending education and experience
Target start date: 09/18/2023
This position is for a Senior Quality Engineer - Electrical Engineer who will support the project engineering team to ensure overall quality deliverables associated with this project. This position will support the project as a quality engineer specializing in electrical engineering scope. This position will plan, and complete tasks required to close condition reports and other tasks to reduce project risk. This position will provide electrical engineering technical input for engineering procedures and or instructions, support internal/external audits, surveillances, and design reviews, and ensure procedure compliance across the Engineering organization.
- Process Condition Reports and associated actions within the Closed Loop Corrective Action (CLCA) automated tool (DevonWay)
- Research conditions identified as Conditions Adverse to Quality (CAQ)
- Process Non-Conformance Reports and other tasks to reduce risk.
- Review and translation of simple to complex technical documents with objective of producing procedures, instructions, and training material.
- Develop and/or update project engineering procedures and/or instructions to ensure alignment with Bechtel NS&E and corporate procedures, contract requirements and applicable codes and standards.
- Provide technical input to project engineering procedure, guides, instruction, and desktop revisions.
- Support Closed Loop Corrective Action (CLCA) program project initiatives.
- Assist with project process improvement efforts.
- Review multiple engineering discipline deliverables to ensure cohesiveness, coordination, and overall quality products.
- Some travel to facility and supplier facilities may be required.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university or college with 13 years of progressive related experience. In lieu of a degree, 19 years of related experience is required.
- Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen, physical (if located at the construction site), and background check which includes verification of employment and education.
- Must be able to obtain a Department of Energy badge for access to the Hanford Site. (Even if teleworking, must still be able to comply with security requirements to obtain a badge)
- Must possess the right to work and remain in the United States without sponsorship
- Strong communication, organizational and teamwork skills
- Ability to work independently
- Good attention to detail
- Proven problem-solving abilities and a can-do attitude
- Be able to interface with technical personnel (e.g., engineers, designers), project management and potentially the customer.
- Must be familiar with relevant Bechtel Engineering Department Procedures (EDPs), Engineering Department Procedure Instructions (EDPIs), design standards and guides, and Bechtel Standard Application Programs (BSAPs).
Johnson Service Group, Inc. (JSG) is a North American leader in the staffing and consulting services industry, with over 35 years of experience investing in people and companies.
- Experience with Closed Loop Corrective Action Program tools (e.g., DevonWay)
- Technical writing and/or editing experience
- Technical and/or engineering work processes and techniques knowledge
- Experience in Quality Engineering
- Experience with U.S. government contracts
- Experience with quality assurance programs (such as ISO-9000)
- Experience interfacing with engineering or other technical personnel
- Knowledge of Codes and Standards pertinent to engineering
- Experience creating presentations and presenting complex topics remotely and in person?
- Experience completing and supporting surveillances/audits
**Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.