Job Function: Engineering - Structural
Job Number: 399751
Johnson Service Group (JSG) is seeking Sr. Structural Engineers for a 12-month contract assignment supporting our client in Ogden, UT.
U.S. Citizenship is required
W2 hourly pay rate: $80.00 - $85.00 (according to experience)
This role will support design development of structural engineering designs for the GBSD program project by preparing studies, drawings, calculations, specifications, and evaluations, in accordance with applicable procedures, codes, standards, and contract requirements. Work with other Structural engineers and technical disciplines in a team environment.
- Development of concrete and steel structural design and drawings, including seismic
- Foundation design and drawings
- Assist with boring oversight and walkdowns of existing facilities
- Perform formal calculations
- Review existing conditions and as-builts drawings
- Review customer & vendor information from subcontractors and integrate it into the design solution
- Develop design configuration packages for configuration control, change management, and procurement
- Develop design specifications for construction and/or procuremen
- Execute to schedule requirement while maintaining a high degree of quality in work product
- Coordinate closely with other technical disciplines in planning and executing work as an integrated team
- Onsite/Project with customer and project locations to coordinate designs with team.
- BS degree in Engineering (Structural or related), from an accredited university, with at least 9 years of relevant experience.
- US citizenship is required per contract requirement.
- Experience with Microsoft office programs, VISIO, and other common computer programs
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Ability to utilize office automation tools effectively.
- Knowledge of industry and regulatory guides, codes, and standards
- Broad knowledge of the application of Structural engineering design principles.
Johnson Service Group, Inc. (JSG) is a North American leader in the staffing and consulting services industry, with over 35 years of experience investing in people and companies.
- Possess active security clearance
- Registered Structural Professional Engineer (P.E.) in the United States
- MS degree in Structural or related Engineering, from an accredited university.
- Experience designing seismic bracing and supports.
- Experience executing engineering and design with Revit
- Design experience with Unified Facilities Criteria and the Whole Building Design Guide
- Prior experience working with government agencies, preferably the Department of Defense
- Experience working with procedures meeting quality assurance programs such as ASME-NQA-1, MIL-Q-9858A, or ISO-9000
- Intermediate knowledge of developing CSI Masterformat specifications, or SpecsIntact
**Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.