Job Function: Engineering
Job Number: 400104
Johnson Service Group (JSG) is seeking a Sr. Systems Engineer for a 12-month contract assignment supporting our client in Ogden, UT.
NO CORP TO CORP -
U.S. Citizenship is required
W2 hourly pay rate: $80.00 - $85.00 (according to experience)
This position is for a Systems Engineer (SE) to coordinate the delivery of the systems engineering Subcontract Data Requirements Lists (SDRLs), focusing on scope alignment, schedule, customer integration, change control, and delivering to exceed customer expectations. This role will execute systems engineering and configuration management activities including management, organization and verification of complex design requirements, within a model-based systems engineering environment for the Department of Defense (DOD) and United States Air Force (USAF) projects. The SE plays a critical role in the delivery of the Requirements Management and Model Based Systems Engineering program for work products and designs, as well as for coordination of the scope and integration of work with internal and external stakeholders. The successful candidate must have strong organizational and teamwork skills, proven problem-solving abilities, can-do attitude, and the desire to innovate designs. This role will specifically support the USAF Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program Engineering and Manufacturing Development (EMD) phase.
This position will be responsible for executing systems engineering work assignments concerned with specialized unique engineering requirements in a global business unit. This involves exploration of subject area, definition of scope, and may involve development of novel concepts, approaches, and solutions. The ideal candidate will have solid experience in executing requirements management, model-based systems engineering, industrial process modeling, and design development experience producing design documents for government customers in accordance with Unified Facilities Criteria and the Whole Building Design Guide. The candidate will be interfacing and coordinating with other engineering disciplines and the client in the management and verification of the facility requirements. The position will be responsible for developing key systems engineering documents and must have a broad knowledge of industry and regulatory standards, and design criteria pertinent to engineering and construction. In addition, it will be required that the candidate have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), can be the “face” of company, promoting our leadership, quality, and safety values, to external partners including vendors, construction companies, and other subcontractors.
- Tracking SDRL delivery, scope, schedule, and data requirements.
- Identifying and quantifying changes in baseline scope and supporting baseline change authorization documentation.
- Planning, scheduling, budgeting, and estimating change packages related to contract SDRL delivery.
- Coordinating multiple delivery packages for alignment to scope.
- Evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering methods, techniques, procedures and criteria, using independent judgment with limited oversight.
- Supports defining facility/system design requirements.
- Develops key engineering documents related to the systems engineering, design change management, design interface control, and equipment configuration packages.
- Executes requirements verification and acceptance criteria evaluations.
- Engages with the customer to ensure alignment of delivery and design, and enhances communication opportunities.
- Develops design configuration packages for configuration control and change management.
- Executes system-level design verification, requirements verification, test requirements specifications, and requirements flowdown and traceability.
- Executes impact analyses for proposed requirement changes.
- Supports maintaining the Model Based Systems Engineering Program.
- Supports maintaining Configuration Management within the Program.
- Supports the implementation and implement testing and verification plans for the program that is supportive of the overall execution strategy.
- Utilizes the customer selected appropriate systems engineering software package with which to implement delivery.
- Accountable to capture, scrutinize and deconflict requirements across stakeholders and to subsequently assure delivery of hierarchical requirements management documents.
- Coordinates closely with other technical disciplines in planning and executing work as an integrated team.
- Travel up to 10% of the time to customer and project locations to coordinate designs with team.
BS degree in Engineering (Systems, Mechanical, Electrical, or related discipline), from an accredited university, with at least 9 years of relevant experience, or 7 years of relevant experience with related master’s degree.
Relevant experience includes, design requirements development, system requirements verification, development of system design reports or documentation packages demonstrating requirements implementation or validation.
Possess active security clearance or ability to obtain security clearance.
- Experience working on large, complex EPC contracts.
- Must be knowledgeable on broad Engineering & Construction industry/regulatory codes and standards.
- Possess detailed understanding of requirements management principles and methods.
- Registered Professional Engineer in USA (Systems or related Engineering).
- Engineering and Construction experience in Industrial facilities, in a Systems or Design Engineering role.
- Knowledgeable on related construction practices and standard EPC deliverables.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Ability to utilize engineering and office automation tools effectively.
- Ability to execute work independently and greater than 1 year of Bechtel service for consideration of working at other than designated location.
Johnson Service Group, Inc. (JSG) is a North American leader in the staffing and consulting services industry, with over 35 years of experience investing in people and companies.
- Master’s degree in Systems Engineering.
- Experience in Model Based Systems Engineering.
- Proposal experience aligning scopes of work to engineering deliverables.
- Earned Value Management Systems experience.
- Budgeting, planning, and scheduling experience.
- Active security clearance.
- Be familiar with the design of complex industrial facilities.
- Experience with RAMI/FMECA analysis.
- Experience with manufacturing modeling and efficiency analysis.
- Experience executing systems engineering with IBM® Rationale DOORS®, CAMEO, or other systems engineering or similar type software packages.
- Experience with SE implementation on projects executed for DOD, or other similar government agencies.
- Design experience with Unified Facilities Criteria and the Whole Building Design Guide.
**Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.