18635 Jarkey Drive
Job Function: Skilled Trades
Job Number: 399183
Are you a highly skilled mechanic ready to take your aviation career to next level? Join our team! As a Structural Technician IV, you will be using your skills and expertise to assemble and/or create major assembly structures and minor part-fitting operations such as filing, sawing, burring, trimming, framing, riveting, drilling and reaming. You'll update job status on our operations database, translate blueprints into fabrications of structural assemblies to include basic layout, precision drilling, countersinking and the use of calibrated tools, align parts on jigs and aerospace vehicles using templates and fixtures, and measure parts with micrometers and calipers to verify dimensions. You'll also be responsible for modifying incomplete and complete assemblies and incorporating the changes into the structure, monitoring and verifying quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures, performing various maintenance duties and ensuring appropriate representation and communications occur between team members, team leads, quality control and engineering.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent and typically 10 or more years of relevant experience
- A higher level degree may substitute for experience
- Related experience may be considered in lieu of required education
- Ability to understand and interpret moderately complex technical schematics, diagrams, blueprints, manuals and/or publications; ability to complete installations per technical drawings while maintaining edge distance and pitch
- Advanced experience with structure assembly, minor part fitting techniques and repair and refinishing such as airframe corrosion removal, as applicable
- Ability to install various fasteners such as rivets and hi-locks
- Must have own tools in good working order
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant License
- Ability to travel
- Background in the Aerospace and Defense Industry, the US Department of Defense, NASA or US Military