Job Number: 397312
Johnson Service Group (JSG) is actively seeking Structures Mechanics with 2 years of experience for a long-term contract assignment in Jacksonville, FL.
The qualified candidate will perform repairs and replacements of structural parts. Fabricates replacement covering, panels, or fairings by using the removed parts as samples. Reads and complies with instructions and safety information as necessary for proper and safe completion of assigned work.
Job Duties and Responsibilities of the Structures Mechanic are as follows:
Performs sheet metal repairs and replacement of structural parts.
Selects gauge and type of sheet metal as required by specifications.
- Fabricates replacement covering, panels, or fairings by using the removed parts as samples.
- Cleans corrosion and treats metal surfaces per the manufacturer’s instructions and specifications.
- Identifies fasteners and determines grip lengths required.
- Trims, files, grinds, deburrs, buffs, and smooths surfaces safely using hand tools and portable power tools.
- Installs assemblies in supportive framework according to blueprints, using hand tools, power tools, and lifting/handling devices.
- Identifies different types of corrosion, and maintains a working knowledge of the effects of dissimilar metals and their corrosion potentials.
- Performs work to stress relief metal by cold working or flap/roto peen.
- Opens and closes areas on the aircraft that are required to be open for inspection.
- Effectively reads measuring tools, including micrometer, depth gauge, and dial calipers.
- Reads and interprets blueprints and follows them accurately to accomplish repair or replacement of structural parts.
- Fabricates jigs and fixtures to aid in the transfer of holes to new replacement parts.
- Performs bonded repairs of honeycomb structures as necessary.
- Inspects assemblies and installations for conformity to specifications and FAA regulations, using measuring instruments such as calipers, scales, dial indicators, gauges, and micrometers.
- Researches the structural repair manual and finds repair specifications for noted discrepancies and anomalies.
- Reads maintenance manuals to identify and locate aircraft components on the aircraft, and accurately implements instructions of maintenance manuals. Identifies the structural composition of aircraft (i.e., aluminum or composite) prior to performing any work on the structure.
- Performs repairs on noted discrepancies, and effectively researches manufacturer’s manuals for appropriate repair procedures prior to performing repairs.
- Communicates effectively in English regarding work activities, per FAA requirements.
Must have own Tools
Must have 5 years Commercial experience
If interested, please apply
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.