300 Austin Blvd.
Job Function: Manufacturing
Job Number: 398653
Supplier Quality Engineer 4 Position Overview
The position will require working flexible hours. Travel is required in support of supplier onboarding, oversight, issue investigation/resolution, audits, etc. across the United States. The position is also responsible for managing / coordinating / resolving all items related to Supplier Quality. Candidate must be instrumental in implementing and executing the Quality Assurance strategy of the company. Role will be a key factor to ensure suppliers are meeting customer requirements at the highest level of excellence and product conformity.
- Responsible for ensuring supplier qualifications, action plans, audits, performance monitoring, and assisting key suppliers towards industry standards of excellence.
- Provide Supplier Quality support with the objective of improving process performance and process stability.
- Perform on-going surveillance of supplier's conformance to all applicable requirements.
- Responsible for quality problem resolution, initiation, and closure of supplier quality notifications (escapes, disclosures), on-time responses of any/all associated corrective actions with adequate follow up verifications.
- Provide expertise in Supplier Quality improvement methods/tools that support continuous improvement activities.
- Drive suppliers to ZDP (Zero Defect Plans) to ensure continuous defect reduction.
- Develop, implement, and audit supplier inspection plans, inspection methods, acceptance criteria, procedures, work instructions, etc.
- Support/lead Supplier Quality meetings/reviews with Suppliers and Leadership team.
- Maintain positive team relationships with internal/external customers and co-workers.
- Must be willing to train, lead and guide others in Supplier Quality activities.
- Any other related duties necessary to accommodate changes in business, processes or customer requirements.
Experience and Other Requirements
- Must be a US Citizen or a Permanent resident per ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations) guidelines.
- This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship or a foreign person per ITAR.
- It is preferred that the typical candidate will have a bachelor’s degree (STEM preferred) with at least 8 years of experience in Supplier Quality in an aerospace fabrication or assembly field or will have at least 12 years of relevant experience.
- Must be willing and able to travel to domestic suppliers with limited notification. (Note: International travel may be required with adequate notification)
- Experience with detail part manufacturing and chemical processing is preferred.
- Understanding of Aerospace standards and certification process of Quality Management Systems such as AS9100, ISO-9001, NADCAP and other industry-specific standard or regulation.
- Strong knowledge with First Article Inspection Reports, in addition to validating supplier submitted FAI’s meet AS9102, and customer flowed requirements.
- Ability to interface effectively with all departments and levels of the organization as well as with customers.
- Candidate will be proficient in Microsoft Office suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- The candidate must be dedicated, motivated and a self-starter.
- The candidate must possess a high level of communication skills (both written and verbal) with strong process management capabilities and problem-solving skills.
- Candidate must possess a mid to high level technical understanding with CMS (Coordinate Measurement System) reporting and the interrogation of these reports to ensure engineering conformance.
- Experience in MBD, GD&T and CAD based systems is required.
- Must have strong understanding of problem-solving methods, i.e., 8D, root cause analysis, PFMEA, Fishbone diagram, etc.
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.