2415 W. Corporate Center Drive
Job Number: 398591
Johnson Service Group (JSG) is a nationally recognized professional staffing and recruiting firm that is currently looking for a Swiss/Turn-Mill CNC Programmer 5-10 years’ experience. This is a Direct job opportunity with a Sensor Company in Phoenix, AZ.
Job Description: The Swiss/Turn-Mill CNC Programmer will manage the CNC-program creation process for machine shop with expanding CNC Swiss late and Turn-mill lathes
Skills and Requirements:
- Interprets drawings, create new solid models (where necessary) to generate CNC programs for Swiss lathes and/or multi-axis Turn-Mill (double-turret, double-spindle) machines using CAD/CAM system (preferably Part-Maker, FeatureCam, etc.)
- Include proper methodology, tooling, cutting speeds and feeds in order to generate quality parts in accordance to product specifications.
- Set-up to produce First Piece on the Swiss/Turn-Mill machines. Studies and interprets drawings, specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations, and set-up requirements to maximize efficiency.
- Creates set-up sheets (tool list, x-y-z home positions) and communicate with set-up machinists of the tooling requirements, fixtures, etc.
- Monitors and verifies the accuracy of each job’s initial set-up and final outcome.
- Revises, update, and maintain all programs and documents based on engineering changes or per process improvement projects dictate.
- Work with machine shop supervisor/manager on process improvements and cycle time reductions including testing of new cutting tools and new processes to balance main/sub cycle time.
- Communicates with set-up machinists and/or Machine Shop Supervisor/Manager regarding tooling/fixtures/material requirements for upcoming and/or existing jobs on the floor.
- Provides shop floor assistance with inspection methods, training on machines, machine alarms, and program issues.
- Communicates with the Quality Engineer to develop inspection methods, First Piece Inspections (FPI’s), and In-process inspection during production run.
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Applicant must be ITAR compliant.
- 5+ years of experience programming Swiss CNC Machines and/or Turn-Mill lathes (Tsugami, Star, and double-spindle + double-turret CNC machines) preferred.
- Deep understanding of machining fundamentals or formula correlation of machining parameters (i.e. SFM, RPM, IPR, IPT, etc.) on cutting tool, work-piece materials, etc.
- Knowledge of newer Fanuc controls (18i, 31i), including Tsugami machines (S-series, B0-series,) multi-axis turn-mill centers and ability to learn and adapt to ever changing technology
- Knowledge of measuring equipment and the application of such instruments, including but not limited to calipers, micrometers, depth gauges, indicators, comparators.
- Deep understanding of mechanical drawings and specifications and ability to interpret geometric tolerances and dimensions call-outs on drawings.
- Detailed knowledge of programming segments and corresponding operations.
- Working knowledge of various tool holders, cutting tools, boring bars and inserts used on various machines
- Knowledge and understanding of AS9100 quality system.
- Proficient level of Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel, etc).
- Familiar or working knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software.