5701 N Pima Rd
Job Function: Engineering - Electrical
Job Number: 397643
Johnson Service Group is looking for a System Applications Technologist for one of our Clients in AZ. This is a 100% on site position, no hybrid, or remote options. This person will interact with automotive OEMs or Tier 1 customers to understand their future needs about HEV/BEV powertrains. Analyze the customer needs and convert them into product specifications for the engineering team. You would play a critical role in developing the product roadmap for future business and look for ways to add value to existing business by leveraging the Client’s product portfolio.
- Establish relationship with OEMs, Tier 1s, FAEs, sales, and BU marketing
- Manage Resident application engineers at joint labs
- Manage technology development projects to prove value proposition from developing specifications to delivery of final test reports
- Prepare reports on projects, technology, and market trends in the focus market
- Use of simulation tools and data to justify projects
- Prepare technical collateral for sales and marketing.
Rate starting at $175k
- Must have a BS in Electrical Engineering
- At least 8 yrs prior experience in the design and testing of power conversion systems
- Must have 2+ yrs prior experience in the design or testing of automotive traction drives for EV/BEV
- Familiarity with relevant industry standards for power converters like AQG324 or TS 16949
- Familiarity with the Matlab/Simulink or other simulation software package
- Prior customer facing role with ability to effectively listen to customer needs
- Must be able to communicate effectively in the English language
- Must have worked for automotive industry
- Knowledge of power conversion components, including circuit topologies, Power modules, thermal solutions, gate drive electronics and EMC issues.
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.