Job Function: Sales
Job Number: 399235
Johnson Service Group (JSG), a national recruiting firm is currently seeking a Technical Account Manager to support our global manufacturing client with the development, implementation and management of strategic accounts within the utilities sector.
***This a remote position that must sit within an hour of Richmond, VA requiring frequent onsite visits to a major client in Richmond.
- Strategize key business drivers of existing customer’s business and determine the impact and opportunity.
- Participates in the development of sales strategies for the account by providing current and long-term business plans.
- Lead the development and implementation of the account plan and growth actions by designing the relationship strategy and coverage plans, prioritizing the opportunities, and identifying a target for each solution.
- Define and propose sales targets for accounts and ensure achievement through structured follow up processes.
- Create added value for the customer by ensuring a coordinated sales approach.
- Coordinate the use of internal or external resources (e.g. technical, advertising, and marketing) in order to provide value added services to accounts. Drive application of marketing and sales processes/tools (e.g. Salesforce, account plans, AVL’s, etc.).
- Develop, maintain and share knowledge of the customer’s business strategy, purchasing behavior, decision-makers, drivers, economic trends, and competition.
- Act as focal point for problem resolution and monitor customer claims. Plan, facilitate and conduct customer negotiations.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; ideally in engineering or technical field
- Proven experience supporting large technical accounts with at least 2 years' relevant work experience
- Salesforce and MS Office is highly desired
- Business acumen with problem-solving attitude
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written as well as negotiation and influencing skills
- Highly competitive benefits to include permissive time away
- Bonus and commission eligibility
- Relocation assistance is available if targeting a move within one hour of Richmond, VA
- Remote with travel to customer sites in and around Richmond, VA
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.