Job Function: Engineering
Job Number: 397934
Johnson Service Group (JSG), a nationally recognized recruiting firm, is assisting our global manufacturing client in finding a direct hire Test Development Engineer for their Richmond, VA facility. This role is responsible for defining, documenting, and executing tests on various products and devices using a complete knowledge of product, testing methodologies, and requirements. This employee will also evaluate and document training procedures in accordance with business strategies related to safety, quality, and efficiency.
Onsite in Richmond, VA | Our client is unable to provide current or future sponsorship
- Technical contribution: Defines the working phase sequence of a test processes to achieve the targeted product cost and equipment investment budget. Ensures appropriate test methods, cycle-time, equipment performance, and materials/components in support of test targets.
- Planning and control: Follows work plans and cost estimates for work in one’s area of responsibility. Set baselines for testing activities including efficiency and cost-effectiveness in accordance with engineering specifications, standards, and safety requirements.
- Risk and opportunity management: Supports risk assessments to assure safe systems of work and takes appropriate actions. Contribute to the company’s production engineering objectives regarding new product introduction, process improvement and lean manufacturing.
- Test Support: Provides support during equipment startup, defining action plans and training relevant maintenance and production resources.
- Processes and tools: Evaluate new process technologies to improve productivity, quality, and cost reduction, defining and leading testing automation activities, approval criteria and external provider choices.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering
- 3+ years of experience
- Thorough understanding of PDUs, RPPs, STSs, UPS, or other power conditioning products.
- Experience with High Power 600V-208V 3-phase applications preferred.
- Experience with MATLAB, Labview, or PCBA programming.
- Proficient in using power meters, oscilloscopes, and data acquisition devices
- Knowledge of Lean/Six sigma and process improvement methodologies.
- Our client is unable to provide current or future sponsorship
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.