575 Cottonwood Drive
Job Function: Manufacturing
Job Number: 398704
Johnson Service Group looking for a Warehouse Manager for one of our Clients in the Bay Area. This person would be responsible for directing and managing warehouse personnel and activities to include shipping, receiving, storage, inventory control as well as developing and implementing diverse logistics plans and cost reduction measures to achieve operational goals. You would be responsible for warehouse facility and equipment management and will ensure business continuity, provide guidance, and make recommendations to business unit management in relation to interpretation of relevant regulations and the integration of the requirement into business plans and processes.
- Manage all existing warehouse systems and processes as well as develop, propose, and implement new processes, systems, and procedures as deemed necessary.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling and shipping regulations.
- Master all SAP-related training associated with warehouse responsibilities. Train, mentor, and coach warehouse personnel.
- Monitor all relevant department metrics including shipping, receiving and stock transfers and take associated actions where necessary.
- Plan and coordinate warehousing and transportation in the distribution chain. Efficiently schedule inbound and outbound transportation including between Client locations.
- Oversee the receipt of inventory and verification of its accuracy.
- Ensure materials are stored properly and recorded properly in SAP.
- Ensure kits are pulled accurately, and on time. Monitors material handler performance against daily targets.
- Ensure product is shipped on time.
- Monitor and control inventory including regular cycle counting and reconciling data in SAP.
- Ensure the accuracy of internal material transfers and develop new procedures to streamline the process.
- Suggest and lead/participate in improvement and development measures to reduce costs gain efficiencies for all areas of responsibility.
- Define and implement development plans for staff by identifying training needs, team meetings, and mentoring.
- Ensure good working relationship between Warehouse and other departments.
- Perform employee evaluations and where necessary performance improvement plans with associated documentation.
- Ensure import and export compliance procedures and processes contained in the manual are followed.
- Support Quality Management system including conformance to ISO based registrations and controls for the facility business plan based upon targeted market sectors.
- Determines optimal warehouse layout and efficient space utilization.
- Establishes and supports Lean, Six Sigma, and/or other related processes for continuous improvement of critical operational metrics across key functions.
- Perform and monitor resource assessment to ensure sufficient technical and operational capabilities and capacities to meet organization’s targeted goals.
- Monitors and enforces warehouse safety and hygiene standards.
- Assist in material handlers’ daily activities.
These tasks are performed in accordance with engineering instructions, company standard operating procedures, professional trainings, customer requirements, and individual experience. Overtime may be required.
- Must have at least eight (8) years’ experience in Warehouse and Logistics in an EMS (Electronics Manufacturing Services) Environment.
- Possess five (5) years successful experience as a Warehouse Manager
- Understands the competitive dynamics in electronic manufacturing services and NPI process.
- Demonstrated effective leadership abilities required.
- Previous Forklift experience preferred; specifically Stand-up Reach Forklift. Must be willing to certify.
- Proficient with PC-based software including Microsoft Office Suite, including intermediate knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Proficient in SAP
- Will prepare activity reports and other data input as required.
- Strong, effective organizational skills required; detail oriented; ability to multitask.
- Possess excellent communication skills in both verbal and written form.
- Interacts with internal and external customers and colleagues, freight forwarders, customs officers, and other functional areas to ensure coordination and legal compliance of shipments.
- Ability to read and interpret technical procedures and various reports.
- Ability to keep accurate documentation.
- Ability to apply basic concepts of mathematics.
- Ability to use common sense to solve practical problems.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Maintain courteous, professional, and effective working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Available to work the days and hours necessary to perform all assigned responsibilities and tasks. Must be available (especially during regular business hours or shifts) to communicate with supervisors, customers, vendors, and any other person or organization with whom interaction is required to accomplish work and goals.
- This may include odd hour teleconferences with global facilities.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demand described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand and/or walk for extended periods of time; use hands and fingers to handle panels and boards; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds and have steady hands and dexterity. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Salary starting at $90k DOE
** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.